Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1421 - 1431 of 1431 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why would you buy something that doesn't apply to your vehicle... But that works as advertised to those who have the applicable vehicle... But more importantly, why are your panties in such a bunch about this?

Ban silverghost, what a patoot... Send him to Facebook, there's plenty of Russian trolls there. This forum is for less combative folks...

·
Registered
565 Posts
...And congrats to you SilverGhost that your '06 EXL is doing fine without muzzling.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sir, it has been pointed out in several threads that you have no idea what you are talking about. The service bulletin did in fact apply to 2008-2010 EX-L & Touring models that had a different engine, like the 2011-2013.
egads, just ignore him. The "unsuispecting (sic) on this Forum" who actually know what we are talking about and have millions of miles on our muzzlers, across generations of Odyssey, know the value of the device.

Since even his questions don't make sense, why get into a discussion with him?

"Are they licenced (sic) to make these VCM Muzzlers ?"
Licensed by who? Since when does an after-market device for a vehicle have to be "licensed" by some authority? Did the various sellers steal somebody's patent? Is anyone infringing on some trademark? What exactly needs to be licensed in this case?

"Are these VCM sales paying the sale taxes to their Country in Canada, or the USA ?"
I wonder if he asks the same question about every item sold on Amazon or eBay or even in the corner convenience store. I doubt it.

Those of us who have purchased (not sold) the muzzler should just sit back and enjoy not only the peace of mind from knowing that we are protecting our engines, but also the improved driveability, something that he surely hasn't experienced. Regardless if whether or not there are stats out there comparing the repair history of muzzled vs. non-muzzled Ody's (something he asked about in another thread) the improved driveability is enough for most of us.

With the thousands that have been installed in Odysseys, Pilot, MDX's, etc. and not one complaint of damage being caused by it, I'm pretty sure we don't have to stress about "risk".

Let it go, let him rant.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Listen egads/crometh or whoever you are the VCM Muzzler is a waste of time in my opinion.
Did somebody ask for your opinion? Troll much?
You got some balls coming here and calling people out. Clearly this board is not for you.
@dvpatel please ban this idiot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Found a 2017 LX in Taffeta White (my fave color, along with Starlight Silver Metallic). I may buy it. 25,000 miles. Current owner is not even a "car guy", and is motivated to sell because he has heard of the issues regarding oil fouling, oil bypassing, piston ring damage, and invasive repairs to fix the van.

If I do buy that van, VCMuzzler will be the first purchase for this Odyssey. Thanks to all purchasers who posted great feedback on driveability and reliability over the last 5 years with this device. It really is a help to making a good decision.

OF
I guess in those years they all have VCM?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Too many people feeding the troll. Ignore and he eventually goes away, like I tell my kids. I love my muzzled engine btw. On a side note, does the eastman research guy lurk around here? The vcmtuner.com one.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I will not buy and unlicenced product with no legal guarentees to protect me from potential damage it might incur .
Was really trying to ignore this, but here is my take.

I've owned three Odysseys. 2001, 2002, 2003, all EX versions. Still have the 2002 & 2003 with a combined total of over 400,000 miles. For us with Gen 2 Odysseys and the car-sized BYBA 5-speed transmission pulling a 2.2-ton minivan, using the Honda-approved OEM ATF-Z1 originally spec'd for smaller, lighter vehicles while towing in hot climates was not a go-to solution when these transmissions started grenading across makes and model lines (Odysseys, Accords, Acura TL's, etc.)

The clear majority of our Odys' 400,000+ miles (over 75%) have been on non-Honda ATF, with a lot of miles towing close to 3,000 lbs. on the drawbar (both of our Odys have hitches). I also opted to remove the Honda ATF coolers and install aftermarket non-Honda hardware (Tru-Cool 4739 coolers and MOCAL OT1 thermostats).

Would they have lasted this long using the oh-so-wondrous genuine factory-approved Honda-certified OEM ATF-Z1 under the conditions I operated under? Possibly, at best...but not likely.

Valvoline MaxLife synthetic ATF is certainly an "unlicenced product." So is AmSOil synthetic ATF, and Red Line D4 synthetic ATF.

Would they have lasted this long using the oh-so-wondrous genuine factory-approved Honda-certified ATF cooler under the conditions I operated under? Hell no, not ever.

My Tru-Cool ATF coolers and MOCAL OT1 inline fluid thermostats are definitely "unlicenced product"s, no doubt...but they work very well to address very real thermal exchange problems with the earlier driveline design in my Odys.

The point here is that although Honda makes a good vehicle for the most part, it's still a complex device with hydraulic, electronic and mechanical systems designed to push the net result of family transportation. We'd like it to be perfect, but it's not. VCM is a case-in-point, with over a decade of documented, severe failures caused by VCM operation.

VCMuzzler address very real internal engine problems with all VCM-equipped Odysseys.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to use this device or anything like it.

You have strong feelings about this. Noted. Move on.

There are other parts of this forum that could benefit from your insight, but you are not contributing in a positive manner to this particular thread.

Many pages of solid customer feedback is what this thread is about so people (like me) can make a good decision.

OF

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Yes, starting in 2011, all models were equipped with VCM.
And some (not all) before that. It's a bad gift that keeps on giving.

OF

·
Super Moderator
13,481 Posts
1421 - 1431 of 1431 Posts