Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1544 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally I found the rest of resistors.

I don't think having the Eco light come on when sitting at a stoplight is a big deal. Something did change with all the service done. Was the thermostat an OEM one? Perhaps your Muzzler has a defect?
I put Gates 72°C just in case. If I remember correctly original is 86°C.
BTW Gates comes with the gasket set upside down. So I turned the rubber gasket in right position and put thermostat with the valve on top of it into the place.

When was the last time you tried moving up to the brown? If the last time you tried was before all of those changes, then I would try moving up again and see what happens. Also, make sure you only switch after the vehicle has been shut off for more than 6 hours, otherwise you will get a CEL related to disconnecting the circuit.
I've switched to brown one and got slightly lower value of the temperature gauge. But the same behavior when idling/on the light: ECO comes on.
Then I hooked up a scanner to have a look at the actual temperature and than I realized that when an engine is warmed up the temperature is ~72-73°C (165°F), for a while, like it should be, but if an engine idling the temperature is literally jumping up to 92-96°C (204,8°F), which causing ECO light while driving afterwards on the dashboard.

So Muzzler is working perfectly fine.

Now I'm trying to figure out what causing that temperature jump.
I know it's not correct tread to ask that question, but if you have had that case as mine I would be happy if you would share your experience.
Probably defective thermostat?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Igor A

·
Registered
302 Posts
Finally I found the rest of resistors.

I put Gates 72°C just in case. If I remember correctly original is 86°C.
BTW Gates comes with the gasket set upside down. So I turned the rubber gasket in right position and put thermostat with the valve on top of it into the place.

I've switched to brown one and got slightly lower value of the temperature gauge. But the same behavior when idling/on the light: ECO comes on.
Then I hooked up a scanner to have a look at the actual temperature and than I realized that when an engine is warmed up the temperature is ~72-73°C (165°F), for a while, like it should be, but if an engine idling the temperature is literally jumping up to 92-96°C (204,8°F), which causing ECO light while driving afterwards on the dashboard.

So Muzzler is working perfectly fine.

Now I'm trying to figure out what causing that temperature jump.
I know it's not correct tread to ask that question, but if you have had that case as mine I would be happy if you would share your experience.
Probably defective thermostat?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Igor A
Perhaps the fans were running and keeping the temp down instead of something cause it to shoot up? Was the temp control setting set to auto (A/C)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Perhaps the fans were running and keeping the temp down instead of something cause it to shoot up? Was the temp control setting set to auto (A/C)?
Climate control was not working.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,509 ·
Verbatim, I'm an old use of the Muzzler, and I wanted to thank you for your product. Now, please forward my endorsement check to the address on
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Well, I can't promise that, but your endorsement might show up on the testimonials in my upcoming website that's been 6 years in the making.

·
Registered
728 Posts
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Well, I can't promise that, but your endorsement might show up on the testimonials in my upcoming website that's been 6 years in the making.
Yes, send me a check too as you also have my record lol
There are many versions of Muzzler out there today, but your product is good enough for me.

Reactions: thscott

·
Registered
1 Posts
A honda tech bought one from me already. :)

i had thought about that already with the plugs. Unfortunately, I didn't think to do it before I installed it for a while, so I've decided to wait another month or so to give it some run time anyway, pull the plugs, inspect, replace all and check to see what they look like again later.
I'm not sure how to pm you but I need the harness. Thank you.

1501 - 1520 of 1544 Posts