Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VCM Muzzler with a 100 ohm resistor which has been working well for over a year.
Since the weather this summer has regularly been in the 90s, I have noticed the temperature gauge
has increased to the lower edge of the temp icon. The reading is usually is a couple mm below.
Now when the engine is at full operating temperature, I am tripping a P2646 CEL code, the caution triangle and VSA. There seems to be no performance problems with the engine and if I can keep the temperature low (like when coasting down a mountain road with the engine idling) it won't trip the CEL.

Is this a real problem or should I just increase the ohm resistor and not worry about it?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Look at this recent discussion on similar

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I asked Dr. Google:

What is code P2646 Honda?
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P2646 code stands for “A” Rocker Arm Actuator System Performance/ Stuck Off (Bank 1).” It's a generic OBD-II powertrain code supported by a variety of makes and models. VTEC is a variable valve timing system developed by Honda to improve your vehicle's fuel efficiency.Jun 4, 2021

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked Dr. Google:

What is code P2646 Honda?
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P2646 code stands for “A” Rocker Arm Actuator System Performance/ Stuck Off (Bank 1).” It's a generic OBD-II powertrain code supported by a variety of makes and models. VTEC is a variable valve timing system developed by Honda to improve your vehicle's fuel efficiency.Jun 4, 2021
So, is this the system that I’m using the Muzzler to block? If it’s stuck off, isn’t that desirable?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,471 Posts
There still needs to be oil pressure going through the solenoid. ETCG recently had a similar issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.