Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I made a few VCM muzzler clones for sale.
The design has variable resistor, instead of fixed. So it can be setup for any value between 0-200 oHm. You need only 80-120 ohm range, but it can be set to 0, instead of removing for
service procedures.
These are only for 2007+ Honda/Acura V6 engines. The 05-06 Ody uses different connector style.
The harness uses OEM style plugs, all connections crimped and soldered. Exposed wires are shrink wrapped and I even used liquid tape to seal it off.
Unlike original design that has multiple connectors, this has the resistor inline, so no need for extra connectors at all.
Everything that applies to VCM Muzzlers 1 and 2 applies to this device as well.
I have made 05-06 Muzzlers few years ago and sold them to group members. Everyone is still using them and still happy (as far as I know).
I have been around this group for a long time and will stand behind the product I sell.

Here is a picture of the product.
muzz.jpg

Price is $70, including USPS shipping. I am in CT, USA, so you get American made product :) with US shipping.
I can accept PayPal, please PM to order.
thanks
Max

·
Registered
51 Posts
The elimination of the typical third connector to hold the variable resistor is a great version as it's another item less likely to fail or have issues with down the road in my opinion.
Can't believe how compact the product is, installation time under a minute, hood up to hood close.
Acceleration from speeds where the ECO would typically be active is zero delay in response, no shuttering at all now, no crazy downshift anymore, all smiles :)
At cruising speeds the engine just purrs now with the ECO shut off, all smiles :)
Braking at speeds where ECO would typically be active is so much better, just smiles :)
I anticipate no more oil loss and no more oily spark plugs, I expect the life quality of the engine oil to be extended as well.

We're now actively seeking a clean low miles pre owned 2006-10 Pilot to add to our family fleet of vehicles and the Max Muzzler will definitely go in!
Maxud, Thank you very much for filling our order on Monday and it hitting our doorstep yesterday all the way in Dallas, nothing like a wife getting a new car!:coolio::coolio:

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Max,

Any chance you can slap on the potentiometer on to a pug that plugs into VCMuzzler II? Send me my discounted pricing via PM please. :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Max,

Any chance you can slap on the potentiometer on to a pug that plugs into VCMuzzler II? Send me my discounted pricing via PM please. :D :D :D
Dv,
there is not a technical reason why I can't do it, but Verbatim uses 05 style plug for the resistor plug. I only got the 07+ style plugs this time around.
I know this may not sound optimal, but I suggest you sell your VCM muzzler, they still fetch a pretty penny and buy my version. :)

I would also have to play around with insulating the resistor. I use heat shrink and liquid tape to insulate my version, and it should be pretty resilient.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Dv,
there is not a technical reason why I can't do it, but Verbatim uses 05 style plug for the resistor plug. I only got the 07+ style plugs this time around.
I know this may not sound optimal, but I suggest you sell your VCM muzzler, they still fetch a pretty penny and buy my version. :)

I would also have to play around with insulating the resistor. I use heat shrink and liquid tape to insulate my version, and it should be pretty resilient.
Okay. Please hang on to one if you have a limited supply. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay. Please hang on to one if you have a limited supply. :)
Supply is limited, but I may make more of them if there is demand.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ordered some old style (Ody 05-06) and Older Pilots (06-08) plugs to make different variety of muzzlers.
I will also experiment with VCM muzzler 2 compatible plug to change out fixed resistor for variable.
These wont be ready until beginning of July.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
I volunteer my VCMuzzler II to test your attachment when its ready. :D

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As promised, I made a variable resistor VCM Muzzler compatible plug. It should be sturdy enough, all connections are weather sealed and soldered.
Pictures attached. Make sure you existing VCM Muzzler plug looks like connector in my pictures.
plug1.JPG
plug2.JPG
plug3.JPG

If you want it, it would be $35 shipped in USA. Contact via PM to order. I will be custom making these "to order", so expect shipping within 2 days vs 1 day
on muzzler clone. I also can make a Muzzler clone for 05-06 Ody with variable resistor, also "to order" as these are far less popular.

I wish more people commented here on my actual product, but alas, first batch is all gone and no complaints so far. Just shipped one to Sweden!
Second batch of connectors arrived so the 07+ Max Muzzlers are available for immediate shipment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been using the Max Muzzler for about 1,200 miles without major issue.

Some fine tuning may be required but it is a simple adjustment of the dial (while it is cool).

Fast shipment and easy to install.

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
I'm running one of these on a friend's 09 Pilot. He needed a resistor value in between the blue and the red so he moved the VCMuzzler to his 2013 Ody and bought one of these for his Pilot. I installed it, warmed up the vehicle and just set the resistor to just a couple of degrees above where it was with the VCMuzzler. It's been working flawlessly. It's actually nice to be able to adjust them when doing diagnostics and PCM resets & relearns, which I had to do since I replaced all his O2 sensors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my Max Muzzler a few days ago. It took 4 days to Sweden, that was good. I am very pleased with how easy it was to choose the size of the resistance that I want.

I put it on 100 ohm and it turned out good. I may have to change the setting when there are winter and minus degrees. I do not know yet. But because it's so easy to change, that's no problem
Thank you Max for a quick smooth transaction of a Muzzler that works great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Paid for 7/13, in mail 7/14, delivered/installed 7/15. Package had a chart and zip tie.
44/82ohms, 49/90ohms, 52/100ohms, 60/110ohms, 63/120ohms (for future reference). (91400K)

Install was very simple. Unplug original connector, plug in new section, plug in the original connector.
Very easy on the 2012 the plug is in the open, unless you have huge fat hands, it's pretty simple.

Toughest part was to figure where to zip tie, I used the intake.
Pictures can be found here for the plug: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-2005-2010-odyssey/234113-vcm-better-way-disable-post1314842.html#post1314842

Took it for a quick drive, brought the engine up to temp, noticed the needle now sits at the bottom of the temperature bulb vice the bottom of the first bar. ECO light never came on. Drove around did about a 10 mile drive. No apparent issues and seem to be working as advertised.

Unit seems well made, and a reasonable price including shipping, no resistors to mess with or concern about losing. Great improvement. I'll post a follow up after I have some miles.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts