Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L NAV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with using the "AST Smart ECO VCM Modules" from Aperture Science + Technology? There is a single resistance model and a variable resistance model.

·
Registered
2012 EXL. 2013 Touring
469 Posts
Anyone have any experience with using the "AST Smart ECO VCM Modules" from Aperture Science + Technology? There is a single resistance model and a variable resistance model.
I have not heard of that brand before. I have two VCM Tuner II installed and they install in minutes, then never touch them again. Other may be making a device that will work and is cheaper but if is not done properly the savings may not cover the damage. I have not heard of any failures on any of the other brands so I can’t tell you what to watch for.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,876 Posts
And remember that the microcontroller devices never require adjustment, while the resistor (swappable and variable) types do.

Reactions: doclinz

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,855 Posts
The four known to be dead reliable are:
  • VCMuzzler II (swappable resistors)
  • MaxMuzzler (potentiometer)
  • S-VCM Controller (microprocessor)
  • VCMTuner II (microprocessor)
All the others are rip-offs and copycats of variable quality. You'll undoubtedly be able to find that one guy who says Brand X is both cheap and awesome. I don't find those compelling at all. Get a good one and don't waste your time and money.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,876 Posts
There is also the original VCMTuner, which AFAIK is identical to the MaxMuzzler in terms of concept, with the variable resistor.

Reactions: doclinz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.