Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish I had read this article about the VCM problems before I bought this Honda! I have a 2015 Ody with 22K on it. I'm 78 years young and figured this would be my last car...but being on fixed income I hate to have problems down the line and have it start nickle and dimeing me to death. Perhaps it's time to start looking for another vehicle - NOT a Honda.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
1,953 Posts
Wish I had read this article about the VCM problems before I bought this Honda! I have a 2015 Ody with 22K on it. I'm 78 years young and figured this would be my last car...but being on fixed income I hate to have problems down the line and have it start nickle and dimeing me to death. Perhaps it's time to start looking for another vehicle - NOT a Honda.
With all due respect, I think that's an overreaction - VCM is so easily disabled that it's hardly worth considering anymore. At only 22,000 miles, VCM has not had enough opportunity to do any meaningful damage in your van. I'm willing to bet your van is perfectly fine. If you install a VCM disable device (a one-time purchase of about $100 or less) the threat goes away forever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 TE with 36k miles. Is VCM muzzling still required for this entire generation? And VCMTuner II the best way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
A lot of folks recommend disabling VCM on that generation. If you’re interested, I have an S-VCM for sale, which is the best muzzled for the Odyssey.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
1,953 Posts
I have a 2016 TE with 36k miles. Is VCM muzzling still required for this entire generation? And VCMTuner II the best way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my opinion yes, it is (or should be) required. Owners of 2014-2017 vans are still getting trashed engine mounts, even if the piston rings don't get gummed up. And VCMTuner II is a fine choice, along with S-VCM controller, MaxMuzzler and VCMuzzler II.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts