Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
No, it isn't. This is a competitor to verbatim, but he also makes top quality VCM disable devices. If you can manage the price, the item to choose from this guy is the VCMTuner II, which uses a small processor to monitor and adjust the signal from ECT1. The nice thing about it is that if you are actually in danger of overheating, it turns itself off so that you and the engine computer get the truth of your situation before anything bad happens. It's the current state-of-the-art in VCM disable devices.

If you want to buy one of @verbatim 's products, they are called the VCMuzzler II, and the best way to get a hold of him is by private message here on Odyclub. He also sells on eBay, but if you contact him here, no one has to pay eBay's transaction fees and you get away a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it isn't. This is a competitor to verbatim, but he also makes top quality VCM disable devices. If you can manage the price, the item to choose from this guy is the VCMTuner II, which uses a small processor to monitor and adjust the signal from ECT1. The nice thing about it is that if you are actually in danger of overheating, it turns itself off so that you and the engine computer get the truth of your situation before anything bad happens. It's the current state-of-the-art in VCM disable devices.

If you want to buy one of @verbatim 's products, they are called the VCMuzzler II, and the best way to get a hold of him is by private message here on Odyclub. He also sells on eBay, but if you contact him here, no one has to pay eBay's transaction fees and you get away a bit cheaper.
Thanks. And thanks for your great info when I first posted about my problem. All in all, I feel very lucky. Gonna bite the bullet and disable, even though I have new rings in #1-4. Pretty good reviews on VCM Tuner II, so I will probably go that route unless I find some solid criticisms of it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Thanks. And thanks for your great info when I first posted about my problem. All in all, I feel very lucky. Gonna bite the bullet and disable, even though I have new rings in #1-4. Pretty good reviews on VCM Tuner II, so I will probably go that route unless I find some solid criticisms of it. Thanks again.
You're welcome - that's why we're all here. And I'd agree that you got lucky and got the repair done with a minimum of fuss and expense. So you should be looking to avoid tempting fate a second time - there is no reason to feel anything but great about installing a VCM disable device. The VCM system in our vans is not up to delivering on its promises, and that's just a fact. Enjoy the best you can get out of your brand new engine (almost). :)

About the only bad thing anyone ever has to say about the VCMTuner II has to do with the price. It's a solid piece of tech, well designed, well built and well supported - you won't have any complaints once its installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
CroMath
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing