Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a VCM Tuner II a little over three years ago after joining this forum when I purchased a 2014 Touring Elite with 52K miles on it. Currently at 89K. The Tuner has worked fantastic and flawlessly until about 2 months ago. Went on a trip to FL and noticed the temp gauge wasn't reading properly, it was stuck below C while out driving to dinner. After dinner, got in, started up and temp gauge is fine. No biggie, brushed it off, just thought it could happen.

Get back home from trip and van starts acting odd. Temp gauge is sticking again more often, idling higher than normal (like 1250 RPMS constantly), sounds like the engine is not getting airflow when starting. I check air filter cover, and all connections, no issues there. So think, well maybe the VCM has gone wonky, haven't seen anyone on here say theirs has, but maybe that's it. Remove VCM, car drives normal (if you consider ECO coming back on normal) again and have no issue...with anything. And never did it throw a code.

So I wait about a month and decide let's try it again and see what happens. Install again and immediately acts up again with the same issue as before. Has anyone else had their VCM go out? I'm sure it happens but I just haven't read that here before. Got online to possibly purchase another but none available at the moment. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for advice

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,962 Posts
I'd reach out to Brock at [email protected]. He's usually very good at helping out with these issues and won't hesitate to replace your unit if it truly is faulty.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,863 Posts
It's a machine like any other - failures will happen. Like @WiiMaster said, it's my understanding that the fellow who makes them is pretty responsive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a machine like any other - failures will happen. Like @WiiMaster said, it's my understanding that the fellow who makes them is pretty responsive.
Agreed, I just wasn't sure if anyone else had encountered anything like this.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,962 Posts
Agreed, I just wasn't sure if anyone else had encountered anything like this.
I think I recall seeing one or two other cases of this. I believe in both cases Brock sent out a replacement in a reasonable amount of time.

Reactions: 2011.2017.odyssey

·
Registered
580 Posts
In the meantime....disconnect one of the spool valve connections if you dont want VCM goodness coming back.

Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Registered
633 Posts
There was this, similar symptoms, but recent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts