Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2007 EXL RES and notice between 40-50mph when just maintaining speed either w or w/out cruise it gets "confused" is the best way to describe it. Kicks in and out of Eco which i understand is normal but it is quite noticeable. Now i have seen this is an unaddressed issue by Honda in the past bit have there been any recent uPdates in repairs or recalls on this? My van is under warranty but what is the point of taking it in if they are going to blow me off on it? Any advice would b appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
I believe you have the famous judder. You need to take it in. Read up on judder/shudder by searching on here. You most likely are misisng the s/w updates for the tranny or your torque converter is on the fritz.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Although i am sure it could use the updates, i am pretty confident my issues are strongly relatrd to the vcm setup as it is very consistent with the cylinder shutoff/on. Seems to b a familiar issue on here but i was just wondering if Honda had actually came up with a fix for it. Otherwise the shifting is seamless.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the info. Although i am sure it could use the updates, i am pretty confident my issues are strongly relatrd to the vcm setup as it is very consistent with the cylinder shutoff/on. Seems to b a familiar issue on here but i was just wondering if Honda had actually came up with a fix for it. Otherwise the shifting is seamless.
The previous reply is correct. The judder update includes two different system updates, one of which adjusts the shift points and tranny lock up in coordination with the VCM to eliminate the "hunting." Your description of the problem reads almost exactly like part of the TSB.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just bought a 2007 EXL RES and notice between 40-50mph when just maintaining speed either w or w/out cruise it gets "confused" is the best way to describe it. Kicks in and out of Eco which i understand is normal but it is quite noticeable. Now i have seen this is an unaddressed issue by Honda in the past bit have there been any recent uPdates in repairs or recalls on this? My van is under warranty but what is the point of taking it in if they are going to blow me off on it? Any advice would b appreciated. Thanks.
They shouldn't be blowing you off, it was issued as a Recall in May of 2010. Here is a link to the recall letter.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-20...tter-judder-recall-updates-28.html#post666215

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just read the letter again and if the recall hasn't been done the caveat per Honda is "If the transmission software is not updated, the transmission may become damaged."

I personally didn't have a major problem with the shudder/judder but the new shift points made driving on snow easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts