Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Odyssey Elite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is a complete VCMuzzler II kit. It includes the VCMuzzler harness, five (5) resistors, and the User Manual. It only fits '05-'06 model Odysseys equipped with VCM-1 (EX-L and Touring trim models). I used it on our previous 2005 Odyssey EX-L. This is a great opportunity to pick up a lightly used VCMuzzler for a discounted price.

For those interested in learning more about VCM and why it is recommended to be muzzled, here is the thread to read and follow:
The VCM Megathread - what is VCM, does my vehicle have it, what's so bad about it, and more

$50 shipped in the U.S.
Shipping to Canada (or International) will be more. Message me if you need a quote.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,537 Posts
Note that this is the 2005-06 style, and will not work on 07+ style vehicles.

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

·
Registered
2018 Odyssey Elite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that clarification. I edited the original post to reflect this information.

Price lowered a bit. Message me if you're interested.

·
Registered
2018 Odyssey Elite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back up to the top. Willing to entertain offers if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2018 Odyssey Elite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How was your experience with it? I am still deciding between the muzzler, and a s-vcm controller at the moment.
It worked well for us. We live where the climate is variable with summer highs and winter lows, so I would switch the resistor when the seasons changed. It effectively disabled VCM; we never saw the ECO light come on.

If you’re on the fence between this one and the S-VCM, I can do $40 shipped. That way you can get a feel for how the VCMuzzler II works without paying too much. I’d just like to see it go to a good home.

Let me know if you’re still interested.

·
Registered
2018 Odyssey Elite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Price drop to $50 shipped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After some research, I guess my '06 EX does not have VCM...sorry about the incorrect post. Still learning - just bought it late last year :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2018 Odyssey Elite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good. You’re correct, only EX-L and higher trim models on the 2005-2010 models have VCM. From 2011 and up, all models have it. Glad we got that sorted out beforehand.

·
Administrator
14,132 Posts
If you decide to part with the brown 100 ohms resistor, I am game. Mine came with only Blue and Red. Blue is too low in summer and red is too high in winter. I feel 100 may be my middle ground here. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts