Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a used Odyssey with 2 issues that are minor but I am looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue. First is the vent windows do not seem to be operational. You can hear the motor moving but the windows didn't open on he test drive. Then yesterday I was able to get the one vent window to open but it wouldn't shut. Then today I got it to shut. 5 minutes later I was able to open it again but it was another 5 before I could shut it. Any thoughts?

The second one is that when accelerating, stopping, or turning there is a beep coming from the rear door. It is intermittent and almost sounds like it isn't latched. The dealership checked the door and it was latched properly and solid. Any thoughts on this one?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Both are common problems, just do a search on vent windows on this site and you'll see the fix. For the beeping it sounds like your door contacts are dirty and losing connection with movement. An eraser works well to fix this. You may want to do a search when you have other issues pop up as they will have been discussed numerous times and you'll be able to get a quick answer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Man, instead of just saying to search, it would be nice if those that know where the answer is and take the time to post; if they would simply post a link to the answer. I have been searching this forum for a long time and I still haven't really found the answer. So what am I missing? I have the same issues now with my 2003. It has power sliding doors and a manual hatchback. I know the beeping of mine is the rear door. I had my brother put the van in gear while holding the brakes and if I push on the rear door, the beeping stops. If I pull on it, the beeping starts. It's annoying because when the back is backed for camping or other stuff, then there is slight pressure on the rear door. Enough to make it beep. Very annoying. I may simply just disable the beeping complete as the dash light uses a separate switch to tell me when the rear door or any door, is not fully shut.

But on to the rear vents. I will try searching for that now. But I just have to chime in that I have been search and searching on this beeping issue and it's frustrating to see a post with the exact issue that I am having and the only reply is "go find the answer yourself". They didn't reply asking if the posted had already done a search, or anything else useful. Just frustrating. I am a huge google and forum searcher. And sometimes other threads are found first before finding older threads that "regulars" consider to be "the answer". In that case, it would be nice to simply get a link to the answer they know of, instead of a useless remark to search, as if the poster didn't already search.

Most people would rather search and find info right away, than to post and wait.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here is another thread on the matter. But the original poster never replied if the suggestion solved the beeping.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/9-problems-concerns/8746-rear-door-warning-beep-wont-go-off.html

And another thread that the poster also didn't come back to say if cleaning contacts resolved. This post even shows how the poster searched but didn't find the answer with their search methods. This issue would make a great sticky.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/38107-strange-beeping-noise.html

Here is a thread on the vent windows. I will have to fully read this. But also sad that the first reply is an unhelpful comment telling the poster to use the search feature. But at least they say exactly what to search for in order to find the answer. A link would have been more helpful. Hopefully I will find the vent answer via this thread and the search term suggestion.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/147909-rear-vent-window-motor.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, 3 threads in a row where people quickly will say "use the search feature". That is starting to be the most common form of help here. lol. Though at least shortly into the thread someone was nice enough to post a link to the right thread to be helpful.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/9-problems-concerns/39806-rear-vent-windows.html

Looks like I will have to open the rear vent window motor housing to see if it's something I can fix. As mine work, but intermittently. Though based on the amount of work that will likely take. I won't be looking into that anytime soon.

Now to try cleaning contacts of which I didn't see any the last time I look at the rear door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts