Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Either the link was bad or they were having technical difficulties with their website . . . I couldn't get anything.

Can I assume the 02's will have the new version?

Is this new version just updated mapping or are there new features?

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
585 Posts
OH MA GAWD!!!!!!!!!!

Did everyone w/ a NAVI catch the significance of this post??

I'll tell you; 235 page PDF listing of detailed city coverage!!!! Each page has like 150 cities or so...geez, I was on page 5 or 6 before I got out of Alabama! This is amazing. I'm roughly guess about 35,000 cities are now listed!

This ought to convince any of those 'on the fence' folks who want the NAVI.

What isn't listed is my question??? It looks like this is what I was waiting for; the whole darn US looks to be covered.

Could someone who lives in a small town take a look at this doc and find if there's a place not listed? Looks like I'll have have $150 DVD to my modlist.

PS this has GOT to be the whole US! C'mon, Dry Prong, Louisiana is on there! You can't get much more obscure than that. methinks the Honda people are being coyish.

Anyone want my current disk??

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 09-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Was finaly able to pull up the pdf file . . . WOW! Every small town that I went to look up was listed. Looks pretty extensive.

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whoever finds out what is on the initial deliveries of the '02's please post the version. I will check as soon as I get mine, but I don't expect it until October.

Leo in Houston area.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
According to Honda.com - there are releasing the latest DVD NAVI disc (version 2.05) today for $152.
</font>

·
Registered
23 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
According to Honda.com - there are releasing the latest DVD NAVI disc (version 2.05) today for $152.

https://esales1.alpine-usa.com/dos/honda/dvdrom.htm

-Nestor

</font>
Horray. I have been waiting for detailed coverage for Alabama since I bought Ody.
Since all street apps for my PC have all the streets then I always wondered why I couldn't have that on my Navi. It wouldn't even bother me if all the info wasn't exactly correct.

Already put in my order.

Eric

------------------
2000 Odyssey EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Since v2.05 is a new version, not an upgrade, (v.2.05 vs. v 1.52 I think was the last?), I wonder if there have been other software changes. It'd sure be nice if they'd add some new features to the dvd to make it worth the $150.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well, if this takes off (more mainstream) like I think it will since the biggest complaint has been eliminated; lack of detailed coverage; then maybe Honda will start dedicating some more resources to describe the content better. I'm still aggravated that I've had to figure out on my own what some of the icons & colors mean that come up. I mean how hard would it have been to have a one-page legend in the NAVI manual that ran through all the icons, colors etc. There aren't THAT many. Hopefully the DB will be updated as well; our company changed names in 1997 and the current version I have still lists it with the old name.

In a perfect world; the system would get info in real time and so the map generated would be EXTREMELY accurate and things like detours & road hazards would warn you miles before you got to them as well as how much the tolls will be and which lanes provide change miles before you get to them.

I know thats way beyond the standard GPS spec but I can always dream.

<table><tr><td>
</td><td width="20" img="http://demo.healthstream.com/content/challenge/images/clear.gif"></td><td><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="1" color="#454545">Marvyn - 2001 SS EX-NAVI (3300 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'Xenon Blue' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights * Chuck/Hy's Glovebox Light
</font></td></tr></table>

·
Registered
79 Posts
In some locations we already have online location information for fire and police actions, stream & creek and some road flooding (important in Hurricane season) information, etc. so maybe the dream will become reality soon.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
In a perfect world; the system would get info in real time and so the map generated would be EXTREMELY accurate and things like detours & road hazards would warn you miles before you got to them as well as how much the tolls will be and which lanes provide change miles before you get to them.

</font>

·
Registered
23 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
Well, if this takes off (more mainstream) like I think it will since the biggest complaint has been eliminated; lack of detailed coverage; then maybe Honda will start dedicating some more resources to describe the content better. I'm still aggravated that I've had to figure out on my own what some of the icons & colors mean that come up. I mean how hard would it have been to have a one-page legend in the NAVI manual that ran through all the icons, colors etc. There aren't THAT many. Hopefully the DB will be updated as well; our company changed names in 1997 and the current version I have still lists it with the old name.

<table><tr><td>
</td><td width="20" img="http://demo.healthstream.com/content/challenge/images/clear.gif"></td><td><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="1" color="#454545">Marvyn - 2001 SS EX-NAVI (3300 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'Xenon Blue' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights * Chuck/Hy's Glovebox Light
</font></td></tr></table>
</font>
nyvram,

In the navigation manual that came with my 2000 Navi there is a legend of colors on the map on page 48. Also on page 49 they show three landmark icons. I'm not sure if that is all there is because I don't live in a detailed coverage area yet.

I agree that I hope they corrected some of the database errors. It shows the Honda dealership in my area in completely the wrong place. If you get details on it the correct address is show but it's location on the map is way off (by about 10 or 15 miles).

Eric

------------------
2000 Odyssey EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
Since v2.05 is a new version, not an upgrade, (v.2.05 vs. v 1.52 I think was the last?), I wonder if there have been other software changes. It'd sure be nice if they'd add some new features to the dvd to make it worth the $150.

</font>
I have to reply to my own post here... the current version is 2.03 so the new one is still just an update. Sorry about that.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Regarding page 48 in NAVI manual; yes there is a 'legend' of sorts there but it is woefully inadequate.

- What color is the border of a state?
- What is the little red rectangular icon w/ a flag on top?
- For that matter; what are ANY of the icons outside of the fork/knife, gas station & ATMs?
- How about the little stitching? Are those train tracks?
- Why are some roads red & some black?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would agree that the manual leaves a bunch to be desired. But I can answer a few of your questions.

Never paid attention to that but I think that it is light blue.

Don't know, I've never seen that one.

- For that matter; what are ANY of the icons outside of the fork/knife, gas station & ATMs?
Are there any other icons. I haven't seen any of other icons because I don't live in a detailed area.

This one I know. Yes, they are train tracks. So I wouldn't suggest driving on the dotted line

Red roads are interstates and black roads are all paved roads.

Eric

------------------
2000 Odyssey EX-NAVI

·
Registered
585 Posts
See? This is why we need a legend!

Never paid attention to that but I think that it is light blue.

WRONG! You ARE the weakest link; goodbye
Its actually a pale yellow; look next time (its quite faint) you're near the border of a state. Also, if you zoom out far enough you can see it. Also if the border of a state is a river, you can barely..and I mean BARELY see the yellow line in the middle of the blue

Don't know, I've never seen that one.

Probably only occurs in detailed areas; I *think* its an educational icon of some sort (school or university) but I still am not positive on that ID.

Are there any other icons. I haven't seen any of other icons because I don't live in a detailed area.

Hospital, school...ISTR the Gateway Arch in St. Louis had a unique icon as well...

This one I know. Yes, they are train tracks. So I wouldn't suggest driving on the dotted line

Unless you added that cool mod to your Ody that those trucks have that travel on the train tracks...

Red roads are interstates and black roads are all paved roads.

I knew the answers to most of these by paying attention while driving but my point was the NAVI isn' tan 'I Spy' book. I don't want to furrow my brow for a week then suddenly realize what the red doo-hicky w/ the triangle on the top is!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've tried to download the PDF file with no success. Half way through the download, I get a PDF download error.

·
Registered
564 Posts
LHOdy -

I'll be happy to email the file to you, if you'd like. Just say the word (might want to email me, to make sure I notice your reply)

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me."
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 Volvo V70 T5, white/graphite

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's fine to have all the small towns now available but how can I find out what coverage is available within a town.
For example, I live in Bakersfield (about 250,000 pop. in Calif) and there are only about 5-10 streets available and they aren't even the main ones.

Thanks. .

FourAllans

------------------

1 - 20 of 33 Posts