Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1st post here !

this is the 1st time i bought a Honda.. i have always owned Toyotas...
i bought a used 2006 EX-L from a small dealer , who bought this car from an auction so he doesn't have much info on it either...

I love this van !!!

the dealer mentioned to me that the battery on the van was dead and he replaced it... also that he was not able to turn the CD change on.....

the radio works fine on the van, but when every i start the van up , the 6 CD changer make a noice as if its trying to eject a CD and stop after 20-30 seconds ... if i try switch from Radio to CD is just don't switch to CD mode.. i thought i should as all the gurus here to help me..

is this a known problem ? is there a easy fix to this ? thanks

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I am not familiar with the changer but a common problem here is kids putting coins in the cd slot. You may have to remove it and see if there is a CD jammed in it. Stick on labels are good for that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not familiar with the changer but a common problem here is kids putting coins in the cd slot. You may have to remove it and see if there is a CD jammed in it. Stick on labels are good for that.
thanks for a quick reply.... if i am not able to switch to CD mode can that have some thing to do with Battery being changed?

Cd changer makes a ticking sound when car starts 20-30 seconds...

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks for a quick reply.... if i am not able to switch to CD mode can that have some thing to do with Battery being changed?

Cd changer makes a ticking sound when car starts 20-30 seconds...
I don't it has anything todo with the new batteries, the way you described it, looks like the cd got stuck inside, common problem sometime because cd was insert on the wrong side, try to fish out the stuck cd..see what happens or take it to your local car radio installer..

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
There is a code for the radio when you unplug the power to it. But, if you say that the radio works then the code must have been put in. On our '06 the changer doesn't make any noise at all. Maybe yours has a stuck cd that it's trying to eject.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a code for the radio when you unplug the power to it. But, if you say that the radio works then the code must have been put in. On our '06 the changer doesn't make any noise at all. Maybe yours has a stuck cd that it's trying to eject.
thanks for the info .. the radio works fine .. but i cant switch to CD ...

do i need to take the Cd player off in order to try figuring out if there is a Cd stuck ? shouldn't i be get some kind of error msg ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks for the info .. the radio works fine .. but i cant switch to CD ...

do i need to take the Cd player off in order to try figuring out if there is a Cd stuck ? shouldn't i be get some kind of error msg ?
Error message only shows up if cd palyer cannot read the disc or the disc is unreadable, in your case looks like cd got stuck inside cannot eject..

·
Registered
632 Posts
Remove the whole radio assembly and take it apart. Then you'll be able to see if a CD is stuck in there. It is not that hard to disassemble the player.

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
I think the changer is dead. These indash changers are very delicate. They die sooner than their single disk brothern too. If it makes that whirring noise you mention and there is no stuck CD, the unit is toast and you might need a new one from a junk yard or something.

It doesn't hurt trying to fix it so do remove it and see if there are disks stuck inside. When you have it out, jot down the serial number just in case its a replacement and you didn't get the radio code. You will need to re-enter the radio code when you reconnect it back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts