Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ody is vibrating idk what it cud be bought the vehicle a month ago.
so far i replace the driveshaft axle and new front tires along with balance and four wheel alignment.
problem is that when hit the gas and going more than 50mph i can feel vibration. but just on the gas pedal.
i have a troubleshoot chart that tells me three possibilities but might be for whole car vibration only.
1)Contaminated boot
2)damaged/misaligned suspension/steering
3)worn inner joint

I'm gonna eliminate #1 at least on the passenger side cuz that is new.

My question is how determine if the culprit is either #2 or #3.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mounts. I had a terrible vibration, it would make the change rattle in the ash tray, when my front mount went bad. It was always worse on first acceleration.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Agreed, the front mounts wear and give wicked vibrations. Check it visually before replacing. ;)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Currently having same issue with my 2016
You do realize that you are posting to the 1st Generation Forum and a 10 year old thread? :unsure: Smaller engine and body, 20 years older than your model!
It would make more sense to stick with your post in the 4th Gen '11-'17 section.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Currently havi
You do realize that you are posting to the 1st Generation Forum and a 10 year old thread? :unsure: Smaller engine and body, 20 years older than your model!
It would make more sense to stick with your post in the 4th Gen '11-'17 section.
i know and machines have similar issues even if mine seems recent than yours,we all looking for solutions here

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It's true that the different generations can have similar solutions for similar issues. (Did you check your engine mounts per posts 2&3?)
But when you open/post to multiple threads, it makes it hard to follow when different recommendations are made in those different threads. Especially across different generation sections. And many of the posters in this thread are no longer active. Like the Kiss principle, keeping it to one thread is best. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts