Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN my 2006 EX-l i get a vibration exaclty when i trying to cross the 50 km speed . Then the vibration goes away as i cross the 50 km mark on the speedometer. At high speed or low speed no vibrations.
But only when i hit that 50km mark the van vibrates until i step on the exelerator the vibratrions goes away.

Any idea as to what might cause this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get the same with my 2006 Ody and thought it was the transmission, this happen when it tries to switch to ECO. A mechanic told me that it was not the Transmission but something electrical. Thats why I am trying to get one of the repair manual to search the troubleshoot to see what needs to be changed or fixed. If anyone have ideas please share.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Before getting too deep with this, first and foremost, make absolutely sure that your tires are balanced. This is, by far, the most common repair for speed related vibration.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I get the same with my 2006 Ody and thought it was the transmission, this happen when it tries to switch to ECO...
I noticed that as well, have you had any luck finding the prob?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rear Engine Mount????

If the rear mount was bad do you think that will cause the vibration during ECO mode? I read somewhere that this may be a common cause and just recently my dealer told me that my rear mounts were bad. I didn't get it done because they wanted 858 plus tax to do the rear mount only.... any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with an '06 EX-L. The symptom's are exactly as you describe it. I don't think it's the tires. Mine are brand new and they balanced them when they were installed. I also haven't noticed any correlation between the vibration and eco mode, but I need to look into that a little more. Will probably wind up taking it to the dealer (heaven help me). I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2006-EX-L at 57K and I have had the vibration at lower speeds and when ECO mode comes on. The vibration is very much noticeable and doesn't seem to be the tires I think. May be the rear Engine mount (rubber is worn out)? Any confirmation on this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts