Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I brake somewhat hard while cruising above 40 MPH I get a slight vibration coming from the front of the vehicle. Does anyone else have this problem? My wife doesn't notice unless I point it out to her, so I know it isn't a huge thing. I was just wondering.

------------------
Chris
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know that when the ABS kicks in it causes a vibration on the front wheels. It can happen at those speeds when hard braking. Check to see if your ABS light comes on next time it happens.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not the ABS, no light plus I know what it feels like when that engages. Tahnks for the quick response.

------------------
Chris
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Brake shudder from uneven rotors would be my gut reaction, but usually that's pretty consistent all the time. Do you feel vibration through the steering wheel or do you just hear something?
-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking the rotor too. but at low speeds or easy braking it doesn't do it. Not coming through the steering wheel though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Do you feel the vibration in the brake pedal? On my Caravan, the rotors would wobble worse sometimes than others, early in the problem. Sometimes, they seemed smooth, but then the vibration would come back, big time, later. Finally, they vibrated all the time and I replaced the rotors. My experience.......
Jerry O.
2001 GG LX

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it is the same problem. Thanks for pointing this out.

------------------
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts