Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there Ody owners.
my 06 EX-L just got an A3 service done, but the noise continues on low rpms. start to think i should switch gas brands for a while?
but now i notice a vibration on the steering wheel while accelarating, calms down if i take my foot of the gas but comes back while accelarating, the harder the more noticeable. vibrating under braking is another story, gotta get the rotors exchanged, the ones i got last month are defective..

any ideas on the vibration?

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Been through the tranny judder thread? Its the biggest thread on the first page of this forum.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read a bit of it. when i felt the vibration yesterday i though of that thread right away.
i had tranny fluid and engine oil replaced last thursday and only had a chance to drive the van on the highway yesterday and today. thats when i noticed the vibration.. the van now is at roughly 107k kms.
its sat to me that the recalls and tsbs from the US have no value in Canada . go figure. but gonna go to honda to get the vibration checked.

·
Registered
804 Posts
bugs_bunny01 said:
hello there Ody owners.
my 06 EX-L just got an A3 service done, but the noise continues on low rpms. start to think i should switch gas brands for a while?
but now i notice a vibration on the steering wheel while accelarating, calms down if i take my foot of the gas but comes back while accelarating, the harder the more noticeable. vibrating under braking is another story, gotta get the rotors exchanged, the ones i got last month are defective..

any ideas on the vibration?
I've been getting a vibration noise to on my 05 Ody. At what speed do you hear it? I hear it between 35-42 mph.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I guess that 80 kmh is 50 mph converted. I'm feeling the vibrations just a little lower speed. I have 89,000 miles. Time to bring it back to the shop again!

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
bugs_bunny01 said:
vibration diagnosed.
wheel balancing needed. it just seemed weird that it happened from one day to the next
:confused:

What? You had said the vibration wasn't there if you weren't accelerating. It was only there when you were accelerating. If it was the balancing, your steering wheel would vibrate regardless of the gas pedal being pressed or not. It would vibrate while coasting too.

Something doesn't add up.

·
Registered
755 Posts
gjay1170 said:
I guess that 80 kmh is 50 mph converted. I'm feeling the vibrations just a little lower speed. I have 89,000 miles. Time to bring it back to the shop again!
Ours rarely does it around 40-42mph, and once, at 51mph. WEIRD....

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have '06 exl too. at 1500 RPM there is definite vibration. I can hold brake and get it to 1500 and it vibrates a lot more than it should, through wheel a bit too. Rear mount was just replaced, but I think the front needs it as well. They did all 3 for you? Hmm...have to take mine in soon, only like 140 miles left until warr runs out!

:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, i got all 3 mounts replaced at once. next friday iam going to get the wheels balanced and have the front rotors echanged(the ones i got were defective), then i will tell if the situation changed, yet i am gonna ask my mechanic to check the noise at higher speeds just to make sure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep, just got rid or our 07 ex-l because of a vibration under acceleration. I’m pretty sure it was the torque converter.
I troubleshot that vibration for 2 years and finally just got fed up with it and got rid of the van.

·
Registered
5 Posts
bugs_bunny01 said:
yeah, i got all 3 mounts replaced at once. next friday iam going to get the wheels balanced and have the front rotors echanged(the ones i got were defective), then i will tell if the situation changed, yet i am gonna ask my mechanic to check the noise at higher speeds just to make sure
Did you ever resolve your vibration issue? We just picked up a 2005 with 88K miles on it - it vibrates between 60-70 mph but seems intermittent...almost like a cycle. First the front steering wheel, then the floor and seat, then the seat backs, then smooths out for a minute. The whole cycle takes a few minutes.

It's a touring model so I wonder about the PAX but dealer has done balancing twice and replaced a sway bar link...no improvement.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the vibratiion itself i havent had a chance to see if it went away since it was felt with 8 people inside at that one time. yet the vibration/noise under very light accelaration due to the heat shield is there still. probably after winter i will fix that

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had my other two motor mounts replaced under warranty, but there is still a bit of noise/vibration pulling away from stop at about 1500 rpm. I guess its normal and I will live with it?

I also have developed a steering wheel shake at 68-70 mph. I bought new wheels/tires and it still persists. I'll try rotating tires to the back. I have read of people going nuts trying to get this fixed by balancing tires, will have to check front end play on bearings and tie rods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the steering wheel (shake) vibration. When I bought it used with 32000 miles. Tires had about 4/32s left at about 40000 Put new tires on it problem fixed. I think the tires were unbalanced or become hard causing vibration. I got new Michelin Energy LX4s at Sam's Club it took them 1 1/2 hours to put the new tires on but I think they made sure the balancing was spot on before mounting them on the van. No more shake. Worth the wait!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
havent felt the before mentioned vibration. but something else came to my notice.
i feel annoise/vibration at low rpms on light gas pedal round 20-30kmh. a very specific situation but weird. dont know if should wait to next service or take her in. and the heat shield noise is getting worse as well.

i love the car but this little noises are driving me crazy sometimes, i am very picky and very careful about the car i own and i dont wanna think that i rush into buying a odyssey that wasnt brand new. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts