Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another "Video On My Navi" design I've come up with is using Pioneer's GEX-P7000TV unit mounted under passenger seat with DVD navigation computer. The GEX has TV tuner, 2 source AV switcher, rear audio and video output, wireless remote control and built-in FM modulator. In order for the Pioneer GEX to function 100% with on-screen text display (channel labels and video input labels) it requires you use a Pioneer AVD-W6010 6.5" LCD display for the rear screen. This LCD screen is detachable from it's base mount that could be positioned on the center tray table OR from an overhead ceiling mount to be announced shortly. Just add a video cassette player (VCP) or DVD player and your set! Here is the break down on cost (based on

Pioneer GEX-P7000TV $259
Pioneer AN-G3 Mobile TV antenna $75
Video Navi Modifcation $150
Pioneer AVD-W6010 6.5" LCD $599

With this design on your EX w/Navi you can watch TV, DVD or VHS on your navi display by wireless remote control with audio on your factory stereo. With the rear LCD monitor you can select a separate A/V source from the navi display OR have the rear display navi screen too!

[This message has been edited by VideoNavi (edited 10-24-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Cool....
Although I don't really NEED navi, Steve, you make it way cool to have one. I'm so jealous!
-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
3 Posts
steve I am going to install a audiovox monitor with 3 source AV switcher will I be able to use the remote control that comes with that monitor to switch between the NAVI and the monitor. I will still have to use the decoder to get the Navi display a video signal from a DVD or VCP

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will still need to use a Pioneer AVC-RGB1 decoder and a switch (or relay) to change the navi display to video. Only with the GEX-P7000TV can you use it's remote to change between Navi, TV, Video 1 and Video 2.

On a different note for rear multiple LCD displays:

A nice little 3x3 switcher is Pioneer's CD-VS33. I've mounted mine on top of the center console table extension. It even has 2 headphone jacks with independent volume for the kids.

[This message has been edited by VideoNavi (edited 10-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by VideoNavi (edited 10-25-2001).]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Video kit

I'm sorry if you have been asked this question a thousand times before, but where can I get a kit to be able to use my Navi screen for video?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Steve,

I've purchased the GEX-P7000TV and been sitting on it for the past two months with the anticipation that there would be a way to use this without the rear screen and still use the on-screen text display. Do you see of anyway for this to be possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm designing a circuit for the GEX-P7000TV that will prevent you from needing a second monitor. Private email me if you need it right away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Navi screen

Thanks for the reply but what I am looking for is the adaptor, mentioned in your original tread that allows you to use your Navi screen for Video. I am using a three way Clarion video switcher.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Pioneer AVC-RGB1

Has anyone found a replacement for the Pioneer AVC-RGB1. My understanding was that this has been discontinued. Did somebody rig a similar one. I'd love to get one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
VideoNavi said:

Video Navi Modifcation $150
Can you give a better explanation of what this specific part does? I checked the site you posted and couldn't find it. Is this a home made component?

Excuse my ignorance, but it seems to me that if you wanted to display any sort of video on the navi screen, you would need to convert a video signal to the one that the navi accepts, both physically and signal format wise.

Does this unit do this?

TIA

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV and discontinued AVC-RGB1 do video conversion. It converts composite video to analog RGB with composite sync signal. Another product that will do this is Honda's backup camera accessory. There has been a lot of talk on this forum about this backup camera. Ryu even posted a wiring diagram on how to make the backup camera display video on your navigation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So if I am not mistaken, you need to have the Pioneer 6010 LCD, the p7000 for the navi conversion, the antenna adapters and a dvd player for this mod? How about wiring into the system? Is this a professional install only or can it be done by amateurs? How is the sound from DVD's with the FM Modulation? I have read that it may be a bit quiet.

Thanks!
Gary

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, the GEX-P7000TV is a more difficult modificaiton than the original AVC-RGB1. One guy I know has built a GEX-P7000TV kit that does not require the AVD-W6010 monitor, but he only provides instructions for Lexus navigation installs. It would still work on the Honda/Acura navigation system you would just need to know the wires to splice into. So with this kit all you need is the GEX, associated RGB cable, DVD player and TV antenna, like Pioneer's AN-G3. It comes with everything else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts