Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
cost

How much did the reverse kit cost? is it available now? do you have a part or kit number I can reference when I call.

I know you have been asked this question several times sorry.

P.S I have purchased all my mods from mechanics honda in the east coast, they have been extremely helpful and have decent prices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great JOB

Ryu, when you get a chance, can you post a modification instruction detail. Pictures would be helpful. I understand you posted the diagram already, but if you can give us the color of the wire need to be cut and the location of these wire. I know I am a pain, but have no idea where the reverse trigger wire is located. :confused:

I am sure a lot of people would love to do this mod and have to thank you for it. You are da man!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Re: reverse camera and controller

Ryu said:
I mounted a three position (on-off-on) rocker switch between the hazard and fog light switch. Reason for the three position switch is that I've modified the wiring diagram slightly than the one I orginally posted to allow me to also switch on the reverse camera while driving.

BTW, can you post the new diagram please... thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rear view camera kit

Hey Ryu, just wondering if you will be posting any further documentation on this? I am definetly interested in doing it and would appreciate as much help as I can get. I already printed out your first schematic and am presently looking for the best price on the camera kit to purchase it (unless enough people get in for a group purchase) thanks for the info, It's a great Mod!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Re: Rear view camera kit

Eddie Soto said:
Hey Ryu, just wondering if you will be posting any further documentation on this?
Here is how it is actually wire up in my Ody. Like I had mention earlier, the slight change is just to enable me to activate the camera without having to put the vehicle in reverse. The changes are in red.

twister99 said:
. . . if you can give us the color of the wire need to be cut and the location of these wire.
I don't remember the colors right off hand. I will post it later on today. Most of the connections are made at the camera control unit (except for the 12V switched wire connection to the rocker switch's center connector) on the rear driver side panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ryu said:
Thanks VideoNavi. I got the idea to try the video navi at around 11 PM and that was all I had at the time.
Actually, unless I am missing something, I don't think there is any need to switch the ground. I think you will find that if you just connect all three video grounds together it will work fine with just one relay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It all sounds great but does the Ody have the same RCA connectors? of so, it's a no brainer... I have a EX-L with the AM-FD-CD model but no external changer... Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
Eddie Soto said:
It all sounds great but does the Ody have the same RCA connectors? of so, it's a no brainer... I have a EX-L with the AM-FD-CD model but no external changer... Thanks
If I read correctly, the device in question plugs into the head unit via the external cd changer connector. The CD changer is an option for EX-L so I would think you would have that option, too, but maybe somebody can confirm this.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just to clarify things, I don't have a CD changer. The adapter just uses the CD-changer input into the radio. All you need to buy is the adapter.

However, there is a version coming out from Streeteffectz that will work even if you have a factory changer or an Alpine changer. It has a passthrough mechanism.

Sorry Ryu for taking this a bit off topic.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts