Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently learned the primary part used to play composite video sources (DVD, TV, or Game Systems) on the Honda navigation display is being discontinued. The video decoder by Pioneer Electronics is model AVC-RGB1 and sells for about $100 to $140.

I've posted instruction on how to build this decoder with the www.acura-tl.com electronics forum months ago and also posted information here. Pictures of my own Odyssey playing video can be seen in the Gallery.

Just thought I should let people know this now, because I'd hate for people to be looking for a discontinued part later.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Damn. I was planning on this mod in the future but its not in the budget at present. Looks like I need to decide quickly what to do...

Any idea if there will be something to replace it?

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
Any idea if there will be something to replace it?</font>
Ditto. I would also like to know of the alternatives because now that I have a NAVI system I would like to upgrade it (eventually) with some video.

-Nestor

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A couple people have used the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV unit, but the navi will not display the on-screen text (channel numbers, Video Sources, setup information). To work around this a few people have also purchased the 5" Pioneer AVD-505 monitor to set-up the GEX box, then returned it or kept it for rear seat video.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts