Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video enterainment package by PowerAcoustik. You could get it at www.summitracing.com for about $599.95 (part# PAE-PACK-1PA)

They also have a mobile DVD player for $299.95 (part# PAE-PADVD-30)

And the flip down 5.6 inch screen itself for about $269.95 (part# PAE-PT-564CM)

-nemogira

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nemogira,
I tried your link and couldn't find any audio/video items at this site, are you sure it's the right link? BTW, do you know about resolution standards for these monitors? Specifically, have you done any research on quality of picture between manufacturers or how about wide aspect vs. standard sizes? I can't believe at these prices that the overall quality would compare with something from Alpine or other high end manufacturer?

[This message has been edited by hip (edited 04-26-2001).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
[BTW, do you know about resolution standards for these monitors? Specifically, have you done any research on quality of picture between manufacturers or how about wide aspect vs. standard sizes?
[This message has been edited by hip (edited 04-26-2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

Here's Poweracoustiks site:

http://www.poweracoustik.com/video.htm

I hope that helps.
Summit Racing usually has great pricing. I've ordered many engine parts, carbs, intakes, ect. from them.
And no freight or tax!!
Never bought electronics from them though.
Brichead

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hip:
Nemogira,
I tried your link and couldn't find any audio/video items at this site, are you sure it's the right link?

[This message has been edited by hip (edited 04-26-2001).]
</font>
Search by the part number. So, how is it compared to Alpines' (or any other)? I'm sure Alpines would most likely be better - but for this price it might be worth it.

-nemogira

·
Registered
122 Posts
that is a very good price for a competitive package. The official online retailer of the power acoustic product is car stereoconnection.com They carry a lot of accessories for these products.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know there are many car DIYers out there, but for those that aren't, or those that want to pass on the video system integration and/or installation, this is just another possible video system route.

I posted a couple weeks ago promising pictures, well I finally have pictures! (There is more information about the system in that post under Aftermarket Accessories/Honda Video System, page 3.) I apologize for the delay, but we are still back in the day of film and scanners. This may be the justification for buying a digital camera.
Anyway, I followed the lead of Chuck and posted the pictures at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07 Given that I am new to fototime, please go easy on me if it doesn't work.
When I get a chance I will also post some outside pictures to round out the album. Can you believe that I haven't already shot a roll or two?

If anyone has any specific questions on the components I can look up the information in the owner's manual.

I just realized that I have forgotten to take pictures of the antennas mounted on the rear quater windows. Next roll....

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

[This message has been edited by jvennitti (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have a Rossen system, but I have been having a problem with the monitor. I have to take it to the dealer for the second time, because it does not click in the close position. I also purchase a PS2 to play DVD movies.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have recently noticed the same thing, but I am hoping that the little spring-loaded pin has some adjustment to it. I was hoping to look at it this weekend. Other than that minor issue, I really like it.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX

See photos at:

·
Registered
200 Posts
nemogira,

Thanks for the point about the period. I tried to use the edit feature, but am unsure that it worked. It appears to be gone in the edit page, both inside and outside the URL tag, but still seems to be there when I come back.

Ooops! I guess re-entering the forum is when you receive your updates. I noticed that after I submitted my post, the post wasn't there. When I re-entered the site using the honda-odyssey.com link at the bottom, and voila, everything was there.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX

See photos at:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great because the dealer where I purchased the vehicle is 300 miles away--long story. If at all possible, I plan to adjust it myself.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX

See photos at:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got back from the dealer. They replaced the monitor system, adjusting the pin did not help. The problem with the pin is that it sits too high for it to engage with the monitor, adjusting it will only temporarily fix the problem. With my monitor I noticed that it was not level and the pin was sitting too high. The dealer put larger spacers on the screws and put a new monitor. The system now locks in place with no problem

·
Registered
585 Posts
Am I understanding that you had a Honda dealer install this system? ...Or when you said 'dealer' were you referring to a audio/stereo dealer?

Also, how much did they charge for installation? If the system cost $599..how much was it total 'out the door' installed?

..and finally; we're talking about 2 different systems here, right? Poweracoustiks and Rosen...or are they one in the same?

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 05-04-2001).]

·
Registered
8 Posts
My system is made by Rosen, the Honda dealer did installed it ($995 for system and instalation). The package includes Pop Down monitor, wireless headphones, FM modulator, TV Tuner, VCP. I also purchase a PlayStation 2 for DVD's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hggody,

You got a great deal for about $1000. Ours was $1500 out the door. However, the same system installed by the local dealer was going to be $2500, so we figured that it was reasonable. It also compared to other installed systems that we saw, including the AutoVideo system (Rosen made) from Best Buy.

Our system is also a Rosen system. I hope that my signature line still includes the link to FotoTime which has pictures of the system. I also understand that Jim was going to post, in the future, the pictures somewhere.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX

See photos at:

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
The pics will be online this week. I've been working on my garage for the past couple of days.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ok, I still have a couple of questions about the Rosen.

First, hggody...who is your Honda dealer? Did they sell you this system or did you bring it into them just to install it? What state are you in? Is your system the 5.6" LCD like jvennitti's?

Second, jvennitti, where did you get your Rosen system? Did BestBuy sell it to you? You said it was $1500 installed...by who? If I went the route of having one installed, I would be worried if it was a stereo shop & not the Honda dealership...

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer was Open Road Honda in New Jersey and the dealer sold me the system. I don't remember exactly the size of the monitore but between 5.6 and 6 inches is about the size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
$699 for Power Acoustik DVD Mobile Video Package: 5.6" TFT/LCD, DVD and Two Wireless Headphones

Costco Item # 399957

PT-564CM 5.6" TFT/LCD Ceiling Mount Pod

(Installation Required – Costco does not provide this service)

4:3 ratio
Video input
Resolution 960 x 234
NTSC operating system
Dimensions: 8 ¼" x 9 ½" x 1 ½"
PADVD-40 In-Dash DVD Player

(Installation Required – Costco does not provide this service)

Control software intelligent upgrade
Compatible with DVD/Super VCD/MP3/CD
Dolby® Pro Logic surround sound/DTS ready
32-subtitle & eight language selection
Standard A/V signal output
Up to 4x zoom function
On-screen display
Multi-angle play selection
Multi-step fast-forward, reverse
Multi-step slow play, repeat play
Automatic screen protection
Remote sensor terminal
NTSC & PAL compatible
5.1 channel output
Extra remote sensor eye
Includes brackets for under-dash or trunk mounting
Includes bezel for in-dash installation
Includes full-function wireless remote control
Dimensions: 6 ¾" x 2 ¾" x 8 ¼"
Package Also Includes:

EFM-01 PLL FM modulator
WLHP-2 infrared wireless headphone (two sets)
One-year limited warranty

Standard shipping is via UPS Ground. Estimated delivery within 7 to 10 business days.

Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 330 Costco warehouses worldwide.

http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?trg=product%2Easp&prdid=10010658&hierid=1210&subid=1207&catid=79&setno=%2D2&log=&order=19

1 - 20 of 34 Posts