Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya folks,

Here's a pretty cool gadget.. a video screen that folds into the dash. Can have an integrated CD player also.

I think it is by Pioneer since the page at the site that sells it have the page named that way.

Just like the rear view mirror video, this one is pricey.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
126 Posts
Agree it is very pricey since you have to get the required MCU and then also a VCP and/or DVD source to get something to play on the screen other than the CD data.

What is this "rear view mirror video"? Is it auto dimming and switches back to rear view when the driver needs it for driving?

Never mind. Saw your rear view mirror video post in the rear sensor thread. Thanks. How do you find this stuff?

[This message has been edited by exindenver (edited 03-11-2001).]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi exindenver,

Either I just typed in the url hoping it exists or I did a search on mobile video. I can't remember.

I just thought I'd do a little bit more research before buying the one that seahorse got.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

[This message has been edited by errol (edited 03-11-2001).]

·
Registered
126 Posts
errol,
Good luck on your future video system. Since these systems are all pretty much over a grand, I probably will just use my laptop with DVD player to entertain the kids when I need to. Just need to find a way to strap it down.

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi exindenver,

It'd probably be a while 'til I get one. Timeframe is 12 months. I want to see what else is out there. I'm still in the research stage.

I do like your idea of using a laptop though! Since I've got a home theater pc that produces 540p images which is much much better than any off the shelf progressive players in the market, I can hopefully do the same here. I can run the same scaler program to play letterbox and anamorphic DVDs. Coupled with a good sound system , sub, and shakers, it really be a cool set up.

Hmmmm....

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts