Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long in advance of delivery should the dealer have access to the VIN?

Is Honda pretty good about meeting their production and delivery schedules? Do they "fine tune" the dates the last week prior to delivery?

Thanks,

Maugham

02 Redrock EX-L on order

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got my VIN 4 days AFTER my van was produced, but I think thats a product of my dealer being lazy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have similar questions:

1. How long after a dealer orders your vehicle should it be before you hear a confirmed build date and estimated delivery date?

2. How long after that does it take you to get a VIN?

3. How long after VIN is the typical delivery?

My dealer keeps telling me that they can't get anything out of Honda. I'm beginning to wonder if I even have a van ordered! All they have said is a general "sometime in October." Anyone else having this frustration?

The Honda Customer Service had no way of telling me anything since I didn't have a VIN.

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
78 Posts
Man314,

My dealer faxed me a copy of their Hondanet order worksheet showing my van as "requested for Oct". I'm waiting for them to send me a copy of the Honda "acknowledgement" of the order, which they said typically takes a day or two or three after the order is placed. I'm not sure if that's when I get the VIN, or if it comes later.

Ask your dealer if your van has been ordered. If it has, you should be able to get a copy of the Hondanet worksheet and/or the acknowledgement.

Good luck!

·
Registered
157 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
I have similar questions:

1. How long after a dealer orders your vehicle should it be before you hear a confirmed build date and estimated delivery date?

2. How long after that does it take you to get a VIN?

3. How long after VIN is the typical delivery?

My dealer keeps telling me that they can't get anything out of Honda. I'm beginning to wonder if I even have a van ordered! All they have said is a general "sometime in October." Anyone else having this frustration?

The Honda Customer Service had no way of telling me anything since I didn't have a VIN.

</font>
I forgot to mention, I put down my $500 deposit over three weeks ago!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer is saying that he won't get the October specific production report until around Sept 20.

At that time, he will know which cars get built and when. He says he won't get the VIN number until production is complete.

Does this sound right?

The reason I'm doublechecking this stuff is that our previous dealer kept us on a string with various claims, then added a lot of extras to "our" EX and sold it to someone else for more $$$.

I don't want to go through that again.

Thanks!

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good."

'02 RP EX-L (on order)
'85 Prelude (that we'll keep!)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I dont know whether its standard practice or not, but my dealer claimed to not know the VIN until the week it was actually shipped. So it was shipped last Friday, got to Houston Monday, but they still dont have it at the dealer-oh well.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
But, how does one get the BUILD DATE?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My salesman called & gave me the build dates of 9/15 through 9/19. If the sales person hasn't called you with the date(s), call him/her. Again, the squeaky wheel.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bhargett:
My salesman called & gave me the build dates of 9/15 through 9/19. If the sales person hasn't called you with the date(s), call him/her. Again, the squeaky wheel.

</font>
I have the impression that build dates are available near the end of the previous month. So, if one is expecting an October build, the date would be known around the 20th of September. Does this sound right to people?

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L on order
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!

·
Registered
79 Posts
My build date of 9/7 also appeared to be the ship date. It is on the train somewhere in the area of Peoria IL at this time. Got my VIN number today (9/8) from dealer's call so I can track it en route to Pearland, TX rail yard. ETA is 9/13, but when it will get to dealer is another question. Dealer has 2 EX-L NAV RP's on that train and salesman didn't know which is mine from the report.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All !!

I contacted our salesman today at "COUNTRY MOTORS " about our 2002 GG EX. We put a $500.00 down payment in June of this year.

He told me that our build date is between 09/05/01-09/09/01. We still don't have a VIN # yet but he told us that when he gets the VIN, it will have already been shipped.

We may get a call next weekend to pick it up.
Congrats to the lucky ones who are driving theirs already !! HAPPY MOTORING !!

·
Registered
273 Posts
For Maugham - I ordered an EX SS w leather on 8-31. I was told del in mid Oct. I do have a vin # the last 7 digits are 4536051. I am told the last four numbers are the number made in 'o2. I don't have a manufacturing date.
How long in advance of delivery should the dealer have access to the VIN?

Is Honda pretty good about meeting their production and delivery schedules? Do they "fine tune" the dates the last week prior to delivery?

Thanks,

Maugham

02 Redrock EX-L on order
[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by A. B. Hair (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
79 Posts
That VIN doesn't fully look like the VIN pattern I have seen. The pattern for the last 8 have looked like 2H50nnnn. However the first 5 in your number and the last 4 do fit the pattern. In exploring the tracing site, I have seen the last 4 in the 4000's already. Mine is either 3668 or 3681 as both are EX-L-NAV RP's on the same train to the same dealer. (And I don't know if they have a buyer for the other one.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A. B. Hair:
For Maugham - I ordered an EX SS w leather on 8-31. I was told del in mid Oct. I do have a vin # the last 7 digits are 4536051. I am told the last four numbers are the number made in 'o2. I don't have a manufacturing date. </font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts