Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been researching Remote Starts and have finally decided on the Viper SmartStart unit.......(I think)

Wanted to see if anybody could recommend a good Viper Remote Start installer in the Boston area.

It would be ideal if they are already familiar with the '11 Odyssey - I have asked around and the shops I have asked are not familiar with the Odyssey and also wanted to install the Viper with the Valet Key hidden in the car - not comfortable with that - I would like them to use an Immobilizer Bypass Module of some kind, if available.

I also want to get the install done prior to winter but am a little nervous about taking the van to somebody unknown.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Way back when i was in college i used a place in Watertown right near the Arsenal mall. In terms of the immobilizer, i think the only way you can get around it is with the valet key hidden. I do not think they can bypass the immobilizer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Way back when i was in college i used a place in Watertown right near the Arsenal mall. In terms of the immobilizer, i think the only way you can get around it is with the valet key hidden. I do not think they can bypass the immobilizer.
That place in watertown is Rich's Cartunes (or something like that).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know someone that installs Remote Starts and any other Accessories.
Let me know if you are interested.
I've known him for about 6 years now and has done work on my previous vehicles. It has always been done right the first time.

Have been researching Remote Starts and have finally decided on the Viper SmartStart unit.......(I think)

Wanted to see if anybody could recommend a good Viper Remote Start installer in the Boston area.

It would be ideal if they are already familiar with the '11 Odyssey - I have asked around and the shops I have asked are not familiar with the Odyssey and also wanted to install the Viper with the Valet Key hidden in the car - not comfortable with that - I would like them to use an Immobilizer Bypass Module of some kind, if available.

I also want to get the install done prior to winter but am a little nervous about taking the van to somebody unknown.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Don't let anyone use that key in a box crap. They have no clue what they are doing...

XpressKit.com - Compatibility Search Results

That's what u want for your ody... I will be installing my remote start this fall. I do them myself. The bypasskit makes it a snap!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You might run into issues so I'd recommend the OEM kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts