Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered all the lights needed for full replacement of all the lights with VLEDS with their 30% off black Friday sale that started this week.

Some of our lights already came in!

Part of the order is here sorted out below. Backup lights, amber turn signals front and back, brake lights, low beams, high beams, fog lights, door flood lights, glove box light, and floor console light.

Interior map lights, front side markerdls, and cargo light are back ordered, but should be here within a few days.

I've had VLEDS on many vehicles over the years so I'm pretty excited to get them installed on the Ody. 馃槑馃挕

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Care to share the link? I am interested in upgrading all of my stock lights to LEDs.
It's https://www.vleds.com, just go to the top of the page and put in 2019 Honda Odyssey and select all different bulb positions and it will give you different options. The only one that doesn't display is fog light bulb, so I had to look that one up by bulb number.

If you're interested in the exact ones I ordered - I can go through and post I post up exact links, but it's pretty self explanatory on their site! 馃榿

Registered
Nice. I ordered all of the interior lights plus the backup lights. The backup lights on the EXL are horrible. In low light parking lots u can barely see anything... maybe the camera itself is poor quality. Beyond personal preference was there any other reason to upgrade all the lights?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. I ordered all of the interior lights plus the backup lights. The backup lights on the EXL are horrible. In low light parking lots u can barely see anything... maybe the camera itself is poor quality. Beyond personal preference was there any other reason to upgrade all the lights?
Brighter for safety. Never have to replace them again.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
As always, quality is great! Everything was plug and play. Light output didn't disappoint!

Here are a few photos!

Registered
It's https://www.vleds.com, just go to the top of the page and put in 2019 Honda Odyssey and select all different bulb positions and it will give you different options. The only one that doesn't display is fog light bulb, so I had to look that one up by bulb number.

If you're interested in the exact ones I ordered - I can go through and post I post up exact links, but it's pretty self explanatory on their site! 馃榿
can you please share your links?
which one did you choose?
5000K NATURAL WHITE
5500K PURE WHITE
6000K COOL WHITE

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I will replicate your order.
OK.

Low beams and fog lights:
High beams:
Amber turn signal. I went front and back and you can slightly see amber through red. Especially when brakes are applied.
Brake lights:
Backup lights:
Door flood lights:
Interior map lights/overhead lights and possibly front marker lights. I ordered a couple in case I'll ever end up making clear front markers. They're shorter so they don't interfere with the click operation of map lights.
Glove compartment / center console. They don't seem to be much brighter than stock, but the color matches everything else on the car.
Cargo light:
Vanity mirror lights in the overhead:

Hope this helps!

Quantities should be pretty self explanatory, but comment if you have any questions!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
So just treat drove the car. As mentioned by dial2fast on YouTube, after odyssey engages the auto idle stop function, the turn signals start to hyper flash. I'll have to order a resistor set.
Either that or I'm still considering exchanging rear turn signals to red as I believe 800 lumen red LEDs shine brighter through red lens than 1,400 lumen amber LEDs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up ordering the VLR3, 50W equivalent resistors along with red 7443 Extreme V6 bulbs to exchange out the amber ones.

Registered
Nice thread

Just curious if these bulbs for the headlights produce that much more light? I鈥檇 be interested in headlights and fogs mainly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Nice thread

Just curious if these bulbs for the headlights produce that much more light? I鈥檇 be interested in headlights and fogs mainly.

Yes they do actually. I looked up my house security footage the night before I installed the lights and the night I installed them.
Before:

After:

I'm pretty sure actually that on the after the camera darkened the footage because of how bright the lights are as the roof of the van is illuminated by the same exterior house light in both pictures and it looks darker in the second photo.

Registered
Very nice. I鈥檓 tempted to go just with 5000K. So the main low beams and fog have the same bulbs per above correct?

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice. I鈥檓 tempted to go just with 5000K. So the main low beams and fog have the same bulbs per above correct?

The security camera makes them look bluer than they actually are. They're just pure white in real life. But 5,000 will look nice too. Just more of a yellower tint.
Yes, they are the same bulb size when it comes to LED.

This is a lot closer to the color that they actually look like in person.

Registered
I鈥檓 afraid of that blue aftermarket look. Decisions to be made before the sale ends!

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
I鈥檓 afraid of that blue aftermarket look. Decisions to be made before the sale ends!

It's really hard to describe the actual color. I drove next to a 2018+ civic on the freeway yesterday with OEM LED headlights and our light color was almost identical with our light output being noticeably brighter.
You can always order the color you think you want, then if you dislike it, you can exchange it within 7 business days and they'll honor the sale price.
That's what it says on their website. I'm doing it right now with their amber and red turn signals. I thought amber would look better, but red works best behind red lens.
I'd pull the trigger while they're on sale! And if they don't work for you - they'll refund you for 30 days no questions asked. You can see their guarantee here:
I've used them for 10+ years on many different cars.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts