Honda Odyssey Forum banner

181 - 200 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I’m on a small screen here but after I install the LED’s do I need to adjust the beams in any way?
For headlights / fog lights - no. It only changes the light output, not light pattern, so if they're set properly from the factory - these bulbs will make them brighter. But the LEDs are set right where the filament is on halogen bulbs.

On some cars you need to rotate the LEDs so they're facing in the correct orientation, but hasn't been the case on honda but it's there. They refer to it as indexing.

For turn signals and backup lights there is some adjustability to how deep the bulb goes into the housing. You can take the original bulb in the socket and compare it to where the filament hits within the housing and make it match.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: fuego

·
Registered
20 Posts
@serega12 - I see your complete list of lights/ bulbs, just wanted to double check your ody running "Micro Extreme H11 6K" for both Low beam and Fog light right ? can you confirm.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
@serega12 - I see your complete list of lights/ bulbs, just wanted to double check your ody running "Micro Extreme H11 6K" for both Low beam and Fog light right ? can you confirm.
Thanks.
No, after trying those out in fog light housings, they are in fact too bright. That's why VLEDS doesn't recommend them for that position. I would go with either Micro Evolution or even Micro Limited. I tinted my fog lights to reduce the light output, but that's not the optimal way to do it.

Too much foreground light takes your attention away from further down the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No, after trying those out in fog light housings, they are in fact too bright. That's why VLEDS doesn't recommend them for that position. I would go with either Micro Evolution or even Micro Limited. I tinted my fog lights to reduce the light output, but that's not the optimal way to do it.

Too much foreground light takes your attention away from further down the road.
ok, got it. Looks most of the lights are on backorder on vleds.com, any idea how soon they restock & ship backordered items ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
ok, got it. Looks most of the lights are on backorder on vleds.com, any idea how soon they restock & ship backordered items ?
Thanks.
I'm not surprised with the black Friday sales! Usually their ETA they list under the item description has been pretty accurate.

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
109 Posts
Hope this helps!
More than anything else out there. Thank you!

Serious question...

So the cheaper ones... say under $100 or under $50 often times I hear them failing sooner than later and not to mention their beam patterns are all over the place. I am about to spend my money on VLED but scared about the longevity. Can anyone here comment on this?

·
Registered
2020 Elite | Platinum White Pearl | J35Y6
578 Posts
More than anything else out there. Thank you!

Serious question...

So the cheaper ones... say under $100 or under $50 often times I hear them failing sooner than later and not to mention their beam patterns are all over the place. I am about to spend my money on VLED but scared about the longevity. Can anyone here comment on this?
VLED will outlast the cheaper LEDs out there, which are often low grade chips from the same manufacturer, just re-branded + an overly inflated false lumen claim.

Many of us here have used VLED's for a long time. It's top quality stuff and if there is an issue they will take care of you within the warranty period of course. Also, with it being a US company you won't have to deal with some random person overseas that may or may not get back to you. CS is important..

So not only do you get the highest quality LED on the market with the highest lumens (real output), you also get local (US based) assistance if you have any issues.

·
Registered
578 Posts
finally long-awaited sale!!!

Who is getting some right now?

P.S. I almost forgot about it
I went all out to take advantage of the sale. :) Mostly Christmas gifts...

For anyone sitting on the fence, now is the time to BUY.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
VLED will outlast the cheaper LEDs out there, which are often low grade chips from the same manufacturer, just re-branded + an overly inflated false lumen claim.

Many of us here have used VLED's for a long time. It's top quality stuff and if there is an issue they will take care of you within the warranty period of course. Also, with it being a US company you won't have to deal with some random person overseas that may or may not get back to you. CS is important..

So not only do you get the highest quality LED on the market with the highest lumens (real output), you also get local (US based) assistance if you have any issues.
You beat me to it. Basically everything he just mentioned. You do get what you pay for! I've used VLEDS for almost a decade myself and have had to use their warranty, mostly on newly released bulbs that I wanted to have before they had a chance to test them and released a V2 or V3 version. They usually had a replacement in the USPS the same day.

Reactions: unlock42 and fuego

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
109 Posts
VLED will outlast the cheaper LEDs
Well this is cheaper alternative to OEM LED retrofit for sure. Couldn't afford the LED + 10AT trim at the time of purchase. Looks like everyone gets the LED + 10AT now standard in the 2021's. Still prefer the pre-facelift versions. Just can't win 😂 Anyways I digressed I will update.

Reactions: serega12

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Well this is cheaper alternative to OEM LED retrofit for sure. Couldn't afford the LED + 10AT trim at the time of purchase. Looks like everyone gets the LED + 10AT now standard in the 2021's. Still prefer the pre-facelift versions. Just can't win 😂 Anyways I digressed I will update.
I've driven next to factory equipped LEDs on the freeway and our V-LEDS were just as bright, if not a tad brighter!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking forward to the upgrade. I bought Hi/Low headlight bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: serega12

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
109 Posts
I've driven next to factory equipped LEDs on the freeway and our V-LEDS were just as bright, if not a tad brighter!
One more thing, 5000k or 6000k?
Your van looks great! which one did you go with for the headlights?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
I did the 6k as to me it looks white with just a hint of blue while their 5k is pure white, almost warm white. Both are great options, but on mine I went with 6k.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think the VLEDS output more Lumens than the factory LED headlights. The factory ones are pretty bright and does the job pretty well, but honestly if I could I would rather swap them out for VLEDS lol. :LOL:

Reactions: serega12 and fuego

·
Registered
40 Posts
For those on the fence...I changed my high beams today. Yes, it is a tad more work...but not difficult at all. You have to remove the white plastic expansion tank (screw off the top, pull out the hose, gently pull the tank upward).

To do the other side...pull the large black plastic cover off (the one that goes around the hood latch)...it just pops off with not much effort. Then, remove the two screws/pop out clips holding the air intake down and gently pull the air intake off of the round opening at the back.

When you are done...put it all back in.

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey EX-L
83 Posts
I ordered a set for me and my dad yesterday. Looking forward testing them against cheaper ones from Amazon I am running right now

181 - 200 of 233 Posts