Honda Odyssey Forum banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
My high beams finally came. Any tips or tricks for replacing on an ‘18?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, he basically describes it well. That's exactly what I had to do. 👇
For those on the fence...I changed my high beams today. Yes, it is a tad more work...but not difficult at all. You have to remove the white plastic expansion tank (screw off the top, pull out the hose, gently pull the tank upward).

To do the other side...pull the large black plastic cover off (the one that goes around the hood latch)...it just pops off with not much effort. Then, remove the two screws/pop out clips holding the air intake down and gently pull the air intake off of the round opening at the back.

When you are done...put it all back in.

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
109 Posts
Finally got them! 3 of the 4 installed fine. One of em was not so good. 😞 Trying to see if I can get a quick exchange.

I tried tightening the connector pins and match the halogen bulb but as soon as I insert and turn it goes loose on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
109 Posts

I should update. If any of you guys have this issue. I was on the phone with vled guy. He walked me through adjusting this pin. It was pushed too far in. Not a good thing for $$$ bulbs but this is way better than waiting for a new bulb. + Amazing customer support!

I love to look. hoping to take it for a spin at night sometime.

Reactions: serega12

·
Registered
40 Posts
If anyone is looking to save a buck...I have a pair of the Micro Evolutions for sale in the classifieds sections. I didn't realize that my wife's high beams were a 9005 bulb and ordered the same ones that are in our 2020 Odyssey. I waited too long to install them and are past my return/exchange window.

EDIT: Sold

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Just got an email. Last day to get 20% sidewide.

·
Registered
2019 Odyssey EX-L Obsidian Blue
4 Posts
Thanks for all of the great posts. Bit the bullet and got the Extreme's 6k on my lowbeams. Curious where you guys might be securing the ballasts? Is anyone just letting them hang loose? Just did the install in the dark and didn't notice anything obvious to secure them to...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Thanks for all of the great posts. Bit the bullet and got the Extreme's 6k on my lowbeams. Curious where you guys might be securing the ballasts? Is anyone just letting them hang loose? Just did the install in the dark and didn't notice anything obvious to secure them to...
What ballasts? 🤔

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry if it wasn’t the correct term but the rectangular piece (dongle?) that connects to the factory headlight plug. Right now I have it loosely dangling but I can’t imagine that’s good for it’s long term health.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Sorry if it wasn’t the correct term but the rectangular piece (dongle?) that connects to the factory headlight plug. Right now I have it loosely dangling but I can’t imagine that’s good for it’s long term health.
That's exactly how I left mine for years. You can zip tie it to itself or to nearby headlight bracket for neatness, but it's not necessarily needed.

Reactions: xandr115

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's exactly how I left mine for years. You can zip tie it to itself or to nearby headlight bracket for neatness, but it's not necessarily needed.
Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure if the rattling was safe for it or not.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure if the rattling was safe for it or not.
I didn't experience any rattling with them. The only thing I hear are the fans when the van is off and lights are on. If you have any rattling - I would secure it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, no audible rattling when parked and idle either. Just not sure what I don’t hear while driving 😅

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Yeah, no audible rattling when parked and idle either. Just not sure what I don’t hear while driving 😅
if the connector rattles in the woods... 😂

221 - 233 of 233 Posts