Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Received the resistors and got them installed upfront. Way more room. Perfect spot for them on the back of metal front bumper. Still plug and play.

Interior lights showed up too. The bulbs are slightly longer than OEM, so I was a little worried about clearance of map lights and overhead lights, but thank God it all went in well!

Here's a comparison of the vanity lights.

And here's the whole thing done.

There's slight hue of blue that you can't see in the photo for some reason, so if that's something you're trying to avoid, I'd go with 5,000k or 5,500k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow. They are looking so damn good. I was just wondering if I would find something like this in Canada or just gotta ask my friends in the US to ship me these awesome ones.. ☺

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Wow. They are looking so damn good. I was just wondering if I would find something like this in Canada or just gotta ask my friends in the US to ship me these awesome ones.. ☺
These guys are in Bellingham, WA, basically at Canadian border. They also boast their $15 international shipping, you can always put that to a test... 😉👍

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks for this post. Can you ballpark the materials cost and how long the install too you?
Not cheap at all, it was $900+ after the black Friday discount. And it really depends on the install time. If you're handy - you could knock all of them out in an afternoon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
For full disclosure, one of the sockets on the backup lights cracked during install. The other one went in very snugly.

Seems to be that 7443 base doesn't fit in 7440 socket of just the reverse bulb. Fits fine in rear turn signal socket, front turn signal socket, and brake lights 7440 sockets as Honda uses different socket on every one of them.

VLEDS know about the issue as it has been brought up by a few users and is being addressed by them.

This one fit snug.

Rear turn signal and brake light use different sockets:

And here's what the backup one looks like :

And here's a photo of what the inside of the said socket looks like (photo credit on a photo below to a fellow Facebook Honda Odyssey enthusiast)

When I look up the part number - it's the same exact socket as has been used since 1997 all the way up to 2020 lineup.

V-LEDS have been pretty awesome throughout the years and I'm sure they'll figure it out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow. That looks so bright. In fact even brighter than the Top Touring trim's lights themselves. I was actually skimming through a Youtube video where one demonstrates the installation of Cougar LEDs in his Odyssey and I found one of the comments to be quite interesting, that the aftermarket LED headlight installation would make the DRL's not work during daytime until headlights are On. It was sort of intriguing and did not make much sense to me. Also, I am not sure if that is gonna happen with relay's in between though.

I got a bit curious about it and thought I would ask experts here. Does anyone face any issues with OEM DRL's during day time after installing aftermarket LEDs, like they would not turn On until the Headlights or On. Also, do you have any issues with default features like
Auto high beam or automatic lights?

Appreciate your inputs please. Thanks in advance!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts