Honda Odyssey Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
waaait a minute.... if our DRLs are already LED from the factory, why here

it says we can upgrade them? And I actually bought those... wtf?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
waaait a minute.... if our DRLs are already LED from the factory, why here

it says we can upgrade them? And I actually bought those... wtf?
They mistakenly think that our DRL are our high beams like on older odyssey. They do list 9005 under both, which is a correct number for your high beams.

·
Registered
200 Posts
facepalm... need to return those once I get them... really confused me.. thank you man for all the info, really appreciate it

·
Registered
200 Posts
It looks like two different bulbs are listed. You want the brighter ones of the two.
yeah, it says 9005 but when you click it gives $7 HB3 bulbs. Already contacted them.
I might go with LED for high beams since I don't use them much, but will be good for flashing

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
yeah, it says 9005 but when you click it gives $7 HB3 bulbs. Already contacted them.
I might go with LED for high beams since I don't use them much, but will be good for flashing
This is where it took me when I clicked on high beams on the link you provided. Not on drl selection.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/high-beam-headlight-bulb/9005-led-fanless-headlight-conversion-kit-with-adjustable-color-temperature-and-compact-heat-sinks-5000-lumensset/4111/9297/?year=2018&make=32&model=1230&scc_id=1399

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Which bulbs need resistors? Front Turn & Rear Turn? Anything else?
Front turn and rear turn. You only need on each side, no need to get one for every corner, but only if you get 3 ohm ones.
I went with VLR-3.
I'm sure you could install a 6 ohm or 10 ohm at each corner, but it is already pretty tight back by the tail lights area, and it would be unnecessary work as our cars only check the whole side, not each corner for correct resistance, so I ended up plugging them in upfront. If you go with Triton V6 (I did and they're insanely bright!), they're plug and play. I wanted to be able to reverse everything back to stock if needed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hey @serega12, questions, when you have your LED headlights on before starting the car, do you see any flickering ? When engine cranks, like voltage is dropping or something... ?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
hey @serega12, questions, when you have your LED headlights on before starting the car, do you see any flickering ? When engine cranks, like voltage is dropping or something... ?
Like when I unlock the car at night and lights are on for 30 seconds? No flickering at all. It only sometimes flickers momentarily when I start the car, but I think my halogen did that as well. Otherwise they're at full brightness. Do yours flicker?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Like when I unlock the car at night and lights are on for 30 seconds? No flickering at all. It only sometimes flickers momentarily when I start the car, but I think my halogen did that as well. Otherwise they're at full brightness. Do yours flicker?
They flicker only when you start your car, right? When you push Engine Start?
Seems like it is normal then ... hmm, yeah, I'll take a video to show you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got the Extreme 5000k bulbs today. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to replace them: literally like 10 minutes.

Light output noticeably brighter and pure white, but it is definitely not the same temperature as the DRLs. I guess you’d have to go with the 6000k for that.

And did I mention it was easy to install? On my other car, I have to remove the wheel and fender liner to change a bulb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
61 - 76 of 76 Posts