Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a honda odyssey 2005 EXL. Recently I got an error for the rocker arm actuator, so I replaced the whole rocker arm actuator. I drove around 50-60miles no problem and then I turned off the car for the first time after fixing it. After an hour or so when I start again the vsa and check engine light is on and my car is going in limp mode. When I press the gas paddle the engine rpm doesn’t change. But after I let the car warm up for 10 mins and turn off the car and turn it back on, the vsa light turns off and I could erase the code and drive my car with no issue. And same error comes back when i turn off the car for 8-10 hours or so. I have no clue why that happens. I changed all the oxygen sensor and throttle body and ECU. The check engine light shows the Map sensor low,EVAP sensor low, throttle position sensor low, P0641 voltage reference A circuit open. I suspect that this P0641 code has something to do with it because all the sensor are showing low but this code shoes the circuit open. I also checked the connectors and harness but everything seems fine. Can anyone help me with it?

· Registered
3,671 Posts
The check engine light shows the Map sensor low,EVAP sensor low, throttle position sensor low, P0641 voltage reference A circuit open. I suspect that this P0641 code has something to do with it because all the sensor are showing low but this code shoes the circuit open.
Just to level set: Zero voltage, the reading when the circuit is open, is entirely consistent with a "low voltage" error message.

My excuse "I can't go out to eat with you guys because my funds are low" would be true whether I have zero dollars or a couple bucks. Zero is just the extreme case of low.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. But I’m not so sure where to begin checking. My guess is there is only one part is bad which is throwing so many errors. But not a clue where to start. Any suggestions?

Just to level set: Zero voltage, the reading when the circuit is open, is entirely consistent with a "low voltage" error message.

My excuse "I can't go out to eat with you guys because my funds are low" would be true whether I have zero dollars or a couple bucks. Zero is just the extreme case of low.

· Registered
3,671 Posts
Check whether the source of the reference voltage (likely the ECU/PCM, whatever they called it on your vehicle) is outputting the reference voltage. If no, you've found your problem. If yes, sounds like wiring issue. But look for the common supply path to the various sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.