Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Our 2008 got a factory recall for an issue related to the VSA system and air getting into brake lines. We had an extended warranty through Carmax where we bought the car used, but it had to go to a dealer for the recall. After we got it back, all seemed well. I must add that the Howdy Honda dealership gave us an estimate for almost $1000 to service some non-essential issues like new wiper blades, new battery, change cabin filter, change tranny fluid & filter, etc. . Shameless and outrageous!

Its been about 3 weeks since getting it back and now the VSA warning light has now come on.

My questions are:
1. Should I take it back to the stealership or go to Carmax where we have the extended warranty?

2. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

I'm not very happy with Howdy Honda anyway. We had an appointment to bring it in on a Friday, but at the end of the day they said they got busy and could not get to it, and to either leave it over the weekend or bring it back on Monday. They said they could not finish it that Saturday because they had other appointments .

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi all,

Its been about 3 weeks since getting it back and now the VSA warning light has now come on.

My questions are:
1. Should I take it back to the stealership or go to Carmax where we have the extended warranty?

2. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

I'm not very happy with Howdy Honda anyway. We had an appointment to bring it in on a Friday, but at the end of the day they said they got busy and could not get to it, and to either leave it over the weekend or bring it back on Monday. They said they could not finish it that Saturday because they had other appointments .
crankcase- answers for your two questions

1.) If you had recall work done or need to have recall work done you have no choice but to go to a Honda dealer. I believe that if the VSA recall work was done at a specific dealer you will need to take it back to them to get it right. However, hopefully you do have the choice of more than one Honda dealer there in Austin to use for services that must be done at a dealer. Even better- find a good indie shop for non-recall or warranty services. They can give you a second opinion on the non-essential issues. I have a good one I can go to here in NE Atlanta. The Honda dealer closest to me has done good work (so far) on my Accord and Ody, but there are others I can go to if I am not satisfied with the nearby one.
2.) I have no idea. Sorry!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy Honda wants $104 to check the problem to see if they caused it with their factory recall repair. If they did, they would wave the fee. They would wave the fee and do the repair.

We have an extended warrenty with Carmax where we bought it, so I'm thinking we will take it there.

We have had a couple of bad experiences with Howdy Honda and I am concerned about taking a chance with them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Howdy Honda wants $104 to check the problem to see if they caused it with their factory recall repair. If they did, they would wave the fee. They would wave the fee and do the repair.

We have an extended warrenty with Carmax where we bought it, so I'm thinking we will take it there.

We have had a couple of bad experiences with Howdy Honda and I am concerned about taking a chance with them.
Ahem. One more time! CarMax will NOT be of any help if it is a recall issue! They can fix other problems that may come up but you will HAVE to go to a Honda dealer for any recall. Find another dealer for the recall work! Is Howdy the only Honda dealer in the Austin area? I don't think so! See below: (from American Honda website)

Howdy Honda
5519 E Ben White Blvd
Austin, TX 78741
(512)443-4300

First Texas Honda
1301 W Koenig Ln
Austin, TX 78756
(888)378-2004

Round Rock Honda
2301 N IH 35
Round Rock, TX 78664
(512)244-9000

If I were you, I would start to escalate up the Howdy dealer and the Honda corporate chain until Howdy checks up on their recall work at NO EXTRA CHARGE! I would also start to patronize the other two dealers for any other recall/warranty work that is covered by Honda! Don't let them play that game with you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts