Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post here.
I have a 2007 Ody LX that has an issue where the VSA cannot be turned off. Pressing the VSA off button does nothing (no indicator in display). I checked the continuity of the VSA off button with a multimeter and it checked out fine, so it is something besides the switch. I'm not sure what else it could be. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does yours Ody have TPMS/tire pressure monitoring system. If you do, check the TPMS dashboard light is not illuminated.

I tried to disable vca with it, bad and the vsa also would not turn off.

My odyssey is a 2008 EX-L RESNAV model

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does yours Ody have TPMS/tire pressure monitoring system. If you do, check the TPMS dashboard light is not illuminated.

I tried to disable vca with it, bad and the vsa also would not turn off.

My odyssey is a 2008 EX-L RESNAV model

I believe I have TPMS, as the TPMS light only comes on for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on, which is normal. It is off the rest of the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does your VSA light come on when you turn the key from Off to On? That is, without starting the engine itself. If so, possibly the light itself is burned out and VSA is toggling on/off when you got the button.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does your VSA light come on when you turn the key from Off to On? That is, without starting the engine itself. If so, possibly the light itself is burned out and VSA is toggling on/off when you got the button.

Yes, the VSA light comes on when the key is turned on. It also flashes when the VSA is active, too. I just can't seem to turn it off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is taken directly from the owners manual:

When VSA is off, the VSA activation indicator comes on as a reminder. VSA is turned on every time you start the engine,even if you turned it off the last time you drove the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
This is taken directly from the owners manual:

When VSA is off, the VSA activation indicator comes on as a reminder. VSA is turned on every time you start the engine,even if you turned it off the last time you drove the vehicle.
How does that address Calvin's issue? He said:

"Pressing the VSA off button does nothing (no indicator in display)."

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yes.. via the OBD port. You need a scanner which can talk to the ABS module. It could be one of the wheel sensor or the module it self have some issue like loose hair thin wire (inside the unit).

If you don't have a scanner, Foxell NT 510/520 is one of the best ones i know. Of course the HDS is the ultimate one. Where are you located? May be there is some one in the forum in your area who have a scanner.

Also there is a connector to the ABS module. Make sure it is not loose / any water damage.

BTW found this link -> https://www.odyclub.com/threads/vsa-light-stuck-on.286801/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes.. via the OBD port. You need a scanner which can talk to the ABS module. It could be one of the wheel sensor or the module it self have some issue like loose hair thin wire (inside the unit).

If you don't have a scanner, Foxell NT 510/520 is one of the best ones i know. Of course the HDS is the ultimate one. Where are you located? May be there is some one in the forum in your area who have a scanner.

Also there is a connector to the ABS module. Make sure it is not loose / any water damage.

BTW found this link -> https://www.odyclub.com/threads/vsa-light-stuck-on.286801/
I'll look into that. Also, the link you referenced to another post isn't the issue I'm having. My issue is that the VSA can't be turned off. We are getting the oil changed soon (hopefully), so we'll bring the issue to them when we take it in.

·
Registered
12,701 Posts
Are you 100% sure you have a functioning TPMS system? If you let enough air out of a tire do you get a low pressure light? There are two different TPMS lights. One is the low tire pressure light which is a tire with an exclamation point in it. The other says "TPMS" and comes on if there is a problem with the system. I have read where people disable the system and then either disable the "TPMS" light or fill the hole with black silicone, or even just black electrical tape over where the light would be. If someone removed the sensors it would light just the "TPMS" light. The "TPMS" light doesn't come on with the key on for the regular bulb check. You would need a bidirectional scan tool to turn it on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
odyclub.com/threads/vsa-off-indicator-light-stays-on.328962/

I had the same issue. Post #3 from this link is what fixed it for me.

·
Registered
12,701 Posts
odyclub.com/threads/vsa-off-indicator-light-stays-on.328962/

I had the same issue. Post #3 from this link is what fixed it for me.
That's if the light is on and won't go off. Light on = system off. Light off = system on. He has the system on, light off and wants to turn the system off, light on, with the button.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you 100% sure you have a functioning TPMS system? If you let enough air out of a tire do you get a low pressure light? There are two different TPMS lights. One is the low tire pressure light which is a tire with an exclamation point in it. The other says "TPMS" and comes on if there is a problem with the system. I have read where people disable the system and then either disable the "TPMS" light or fill the hole with black silicone, or even just black electrical tape over where the light would be. If someone removed the sensors it would light just the "TPMS" light. The "TPMS" light doesn't come on with the key on for the regular bulb check. You would need a bidirectional scan tool to turn it on.
I would like to make a correction: there does NOT appear to be a TPMS light that comes on when the car is turned on. It is off at all times. The indicator that indicates low tire pressure (tire cross-section with '!' mark) does come on for a few seconds when the car is turned on.

·
Registered
12,701 Posts
I would like to make a correction: there does NOT appear to be a TPMS light that comes on when the car is turned on. It is off at all times. The indicator that indicates low tire pressure (tire cross-section with '!' mark) does come on for a few seconds when the car is turned on.
Thats normal. My concern is that your tpms system is fully functional.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats normal. My concern is that your tpms system is fully functional.
An update to the situation after doing some digging...

I put the instrument cluster into the gauge sweep/indicator test mode and my original thought was that the VSA OFF button was not wired into the cluster or something was not connected. Pressing the VSA OFF button caused the cluster to beep, so that disperses that issue. That would cause me to think that the TPMS is the issue, since I have heard things about TPMS issues causing VSA to be locked on.

What should i look for in the TPMS system or indicators to determine what is or if anything is wrong with it?

·
Registered
12,701 Posts
If there is a problem in the TPMS system you will have a "TPMS" light on the gauge cluster.

To clarify, as this thread is quite old,, you have no VSA light on, right? You're wanting to disable VSA and turn the light on?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If there is a problem in the TPMS system you will have a "TPMS" light on the gauge cluster.

To clarify, as this thread is quite old,, you have no VSA light on, right? You're wanting to disable VSA and turn the light on?
Yes, there is no VSA light on, and I want to be able to disable the VSA if I were ever to get in a situation that would require it.

·
Registered
12,701 Posts
It sounds like you've done the gauge module diagnostic and all seems to be working. Without a scan tool to check for codes in the system or look at live data, either in the TPMS or ABS system, I just don't know any way to get any further on this. The only thing I know of that disables the ability to disable VSA is a TPMS problem. There is a chart in the service manual that talks about if the ABS indicator, brake system indicator, and VSA indicator do not come on, to do that gauge cluster test and then substitute a known-good VSA modulator control unit. It doesn't say or, but rather and. Throwing a VSA control unit in it wouldn't be cheap.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts