Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Honda Odyssey: Just drove 1,100 miles from Florida to Pennsylvania. After the 1st. 200 Miles the VSA light came on and stayed on. The last time I saw this was 2 years ago. The van drove normal. Stopped & restarted van twice and light stayed on. The problem was the cruise would not operate. Now I'm pissed. Look in the manual & online said nothing about the VSA light will unable the cruise control from normal function. Can anyone explain this? Bob Elbert

·
Registered
3 Posts
when this happens with our van, stop turn engine off for at least 1 minute, restart and it shuts off for us. other people have said that next time you change your oil. remove the spool valve which is behind the throttle body. its easy to remove only 3 little 10mm bolts. there is a filter/screen that may be clogged. and clean the rubber o-ring.
that spool valve is part of the VCM and is part of the VTEC system. which causes that stoopid VSA light to come on.

i love our odyssey but honda really fucked up making that VCM bullshit. hopefully this helps good luck

·
Registered
241 Posts
2007 Honda Odyssey: Just drove 1,100 miles from Florida to Pennsylvania. After the 1st. 200 Miles the VSA light came on and stayed on. The last time I saw this was 2 years ago. The van drove normal. Stopped & restarted van twice and light stayed on. The problem was the cruise would not operate. Now I'm pissed. Look in the manual & online said nothing about the VSA light will unable the cruise control from normal function. Can anyone explain this? Bob Elbert
I'd check OBDII codes because there are things that seem to have nothing to do with VSA that cause the VSA light to come on.

For example with the VCMTUNER II there is an Engine Coolant Alarm feature where if you activate it, in an overheating condition it will trigger a P0118 code (ECT Sensor 1 Circuit High Voltage) and turn on both the VSA warning light and CEL. I'm not sure why a problem with this sensor would turn on the VSA light, but it does. I'm guessing there are other codes which don't seem related to VSA that will also turn on the VSA light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd check OBDII codes because there are things that seem to have nothing to do with VSA that cause the VSA light to come on.

For example with the VCMTUNER II there is an Engine Coolant Alarm feature where if you activate it, in an overheating condition it will trigger a P0118 code (ECT Sensor 1 Circuit High Voltage) and turn on both the VSA warning light and CEL. I'm not sure why a problem with this sensor would turn on the VSA light, but it does. I'm guessing there are other codes which don't seem related to VSA that will also turn on the VSA light.
I have the Muzzler. What did you do to fix the situation? How did you turn the CEL off? Did you keep driving anyway? Thanks

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
I have the Muzzler. What did you do to fix the situation? How did you turn the CEL off? Did you keep driving anyway? Thanks
Depends on what code you have. You have to fix whatever is causing the problem before the check engine light will stay off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My vehicle didn't have a problem. I was just giving an example of a code that triggers the VSA light which isn't VSA related to the original poster in hoping he would provide the code(s) to help people figure out how to solve his Ody's issue.

In the example I gave it is actually a feature of the VCMTUNER II which can be activated as an option (off by default). It provides a very visible alert for an overheating condition should it occur with the feature activated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts