Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m driving along at 80 miles an hour and the VSA light comes on. I put the car in neutral, turn off the key and immediately turn it back on and the car starts on it’s own, and I can keep driving. But it happens every 30 seconds. Anyone have this happen and how to fix it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it the VSA light only that illuminates? Is there a change in performance? What do you mean "...and the car starts on it's own"? What happens every 30 seconds, the VSA light turns on?

·
Registered
254 Posts
There are numerous problems that can cause the VSA light to appear. Is there a check engine light on as well?

I'd see if there are any OBDII codes which would help figure out the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the VSA light comes on it feels like it losses 2-3 cylinders, total lose of power. As far as resting the car, if I shift into neutral and turn the key to the off position and then immediately turn it back to the on position, I think the trans is turning the engine fast enough for the engine to just fire back off and keep running without turning the starter.

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
If there is no check engine light associated with the VSA light then there will be no OBDII codes to display. You need a scan tool that can read the ABS (VSA) unit's codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts