Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to get my car thru emissions and I can't get the VSA light to turn on which they say must happen for them to test it. TMPS lights are on also but I have checked tire pressure and that is fine. My mechanic cant find anything wrong with it. Any suggestions
Thanks

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Could you supply some more details? The VSA light has nothing to do with the emissions system. VSA stands for Vehicle Stability Assist.

When you say "get my car thru emissions" did you mean "get the vehicle to pass inspection"?

Does the VSA light come on when you turn the key to on but don't start the vehicle? (Lamp test)

Does the VSA symbol (yellow triangle with ! inside) come on when you press the dash button?

Does the VSA symbol come on when you accelerate hard on slippery roads?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Co every 2 years you have to have emissions tested. In order to do they they have to turn off the vsa To put it on the dynamoneter the light has to go on.

no light comes on even briefly when I start the van
no yellow triangle light when I press it

doesn’t go on when I slip on ice

thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Check out the 2nd post in this thread. Sounds like the OP had the same problem and solved it himself.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Your VSA issue is linked to the TPMS indicator. You need to fix the TPMS issue (which has nothing to do with tire pressure by the way) in order for VSA to work. My guess is that you have dead batteries in one or more TPMS sensor. They only last 6-8 years.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
thscott: If I'm not mistaken, the TPMS system by itself is not an inspection item in CO. It's only because it is causing a problem with the VSA system that the emissions test can't be run.

With that in mind, do you think that pulling the VSA fuse as suggested by the thread I linked to in #4 would solve Suzy's immediate issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow up- I replaced the TMPS sensors, one was dead the others dying..But still the light will not go on. When I press it the yellow triangle exclaimation light does go on.. maybe that will allow it to be tested.. I am going next week and will let you know if it worked.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thanks for the update and keep us posted.

Don't forget what I posted in response #4. Pulling the fuse might get you through inspection.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Follow up- I replaced the TMPS sensors, one was dead the others dying..But still the light will not go on. When I press it the yellow triangle exclaimation light does go on.. maybe that will allow it to be tested.. I am going next week and will let you know if it worked.
Glad you got new TPMS sensors. Not sure I'm following the rest of your post. The light is supposed to go on when you push the VSA button. Has the TPMS indicator light turned off? It should with your new TPMS sensors installed. Sounds like everything is working as it should.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
thscott: In response to my question about the key-on lamp test, she said "no light comes on even briefly when I start the van". I assume she means that the VSA lamp test still fails.

Admittedly, assuming anything in this case is risky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts