Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

The following is observed with an Odyssey 2007 EX-L

Notice recently that when I accelerate from a full stop, I will notice that my hand brake light will turn on for a good 3 seconds before turning off again. I see this everytime I accelerate.

Now, I also notice that my VSA and the triangle with a ! in it is also lighting up if I accelerate hard (usually) and it stays on until I turn off the vehicle and restart again.

Anyone noticed this with their 2007 Odyssey?

From some googling, it yielded it could be a bad VSA module or a defective brake swich?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the ((!)) light turning while accelerating is caused by low brake fluid levels.

I topped it up and all is well. This is the first time that I had to top up brake fluid for my cars. Is this expected? I do not see any leaks on the garage floor.

I'm also going to observe if the VSA + triangle with a ! will light up again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check brake fluid

I had the same problem and couldn't find much help online.

One person mentioned about the brake fluid and tapping the reservoir.

My 2005 Odyssey would have the brake light flicker on the dash board occasionally. Sometimes the VSA and triangle ! sign would light up too, especially when it's cold at night. I checked the brake reservoir and looked like it was at the minimum borderline. I decided to buy DOT 3 brake fluid from the dealer for $6.52 and add it. Viola! The brake flickering went away. The VSA light didn't go on tonite, maybe it's not cold?

Either way, I plan to trade it in for 2014 Odyssey EX. I don't want to wait until the next re-design in 2017(don't like the exterior design of 2014), so mind as well just buy it now. I don't like to keep my car over 10 years old, for my family's safety sake and a trouble-free experience.

So, make sure your brake fluid level is good and hopefully it's not the faulty VSA module.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Folks as as your brake lining material wears away this causes the pistons in the calipers to "rest" furthr out of the caliper. The volume of space that the pistons in the calibers are now extended is displaced by an equal amount of brake fluid volumetrically. The reserve quantity of brake fluid in your master cylinder is depleted according.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If your reservoir is low and you have no leaks, it's the pads as 72triple said - however, remember that you filled it up when you go to change pads - when you push the pistons back, the additional brake fluid is going to come drooling out of the reservoir and make a mess. (also - if the fluid is that low due to the pads, the pads almost certainly need to be replaced)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts