Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an '07 Odyssey and was curious how to turn the VSA switch off...let me re-phrase this. When I hit the VSA switch to turn it off, nothing on the dashboard illuminates. Should there be a light? If there isn't, does this mean it is faulty?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes, a light should light up on the dash to indicate that the VSA is off.

By chance is your TPMS indicator on? If your TPMS is indicating low tire pressure, the VSA can't be switched off. It will behave the way you're describing.

But if your dash doesn't show any other malfunction/warning lights, and pushing the VSA switch doesn't cause a light to illuminate, then something is wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know what would cause the VSA to malfunction? I also saw a post that stated if the VSA light comes on at the turn of the ignition key that the system is working properly? Weird! By the way, no tpms lights on.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
loukywells said:
Do you know what would cause the VSA to malfunction? I also saw a post that stated if the VSA light comes on at the turn of the ignition key that the system is working properly? Weird! By the way, no tpms lights on.
The most simple case would be a dash bulb burnout. If you don't see a light come on when you turn ignition key, that's the most likely case. It should not be too difficult to replace it and the cost of the bulb is few dollars. If you take it to the dealer, you are looking at an hourly labor rate.
good luck,
Max

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kulas138 said:
Just curious...when you press the VSA button, do you hold it for at least 2 seconds? See if that would work.

I have every possible way to turn it on. Dealer stated that something is wrong and needed to be looked at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Winter tires

Yes, a light should light up on the dash to indicate that the VSA is off.

By chance is your TPMS indicator on? If your TPMS is indicating low tire pressure, the VSA can't be switched off. It will behave the way you're describing.

But if your dash doesn't show any other malfunction/warning lights, and pushing the VSA switch doesn't cause a light to illuminate, then something is wrong.
My winter tires were put on separate steel rims. Since they aren't monitoring tire pressure, the TPMS indicator stays on all winter. Problem is, the time I need to turn off the VSA is when I'm stuck in the snow...WITH MY WINTER TIRES ON!!! Is there no way to get around this? :huh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts