Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in general discussion also. There is probably an obvious answer to this one, but, which Odyssey's have the VTEC sticker on the rear hatch? Seems like they all would or would not, because the engine is the same, right? Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
The obvious answer is "none". Unless maybe on the 1st gens.-I don't know about that.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have never seen a V tech sticker on the back. I guess this must be new. My Ody doesnt have one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2002 White EX that had a VTEC sticker on it when I got it from the dealership. See attached image.

Best regards,

Scott Bosecker

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ricers buy the v-tech stickers and plaster them all over their cars. You can find them online on ebay or do a google search. You'll find plenty to choose from. Honda doesn't put ANY on their Odysseys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Walt43,

I'm not the only one who has gotten a Odyssey from the dealership with a VTEC sticker on it. Please see the General Discussion Forum.

To me it seems implausible (not impossible!) that different dealers might do exactly the same same thing (place a black VTEC sticker directly under the rear nameplate) so I'm going to suggest that your statement that "...Honda doesn't put ANY on their Odysseys" may need to be investigated a bit further. I think my white 2002 EX was built in the Alabama plant; the VIN is 5FNRL18602B010707 and I purchased it at the Morristown TN dealership. If anyone else with a VTEC sticker Odyssey reads this forum, posting the particulars of your vehicle might pick up a pattern.

Since I learned of this oddity a few days ago, I have been looking at other Odysseys for a VTEC sticker. So far I haven't seen any others.

Best regards,

Scott Bosecker

Walt43 said:
Ricers buy the v-tech stickers and plaster them all over their cars. You can find them online on ebay or do a google search. You'll find plenty to choose from. Honda doesn't put ANY on their Odysseys.

·
Registered
946 Posts
sbosecker said:
Walt43,

I'm not the only one who has gotten a Odyssey from the dealership with a VTEC sticker on it. Please see the General Discussion Forum.

To me it seems implausible (not impossible!) that different dealers might do exactly the same same thing (place a black VTEC sticker directly under the rear nameplate) so I'm going to suggest that your statement that "...Honda doesn't put ANY on their Odysseys" may need to be investigated a bit further. I think my white 2002 EX was built in the Alabama plant; the VIN is 5FNRL18602B010707 and I purchased it at the Morristown TN dealership. If anyone else with a VTEC sticker Odyssey reads this forum, posting the particulars of your vehicle might pick up a pattern.

Since I learned of this oddity a few days ago, I have been looking at other Odysseys for a VTEC sticker. So far I haven't seen any others.

Best regards,

Scott Bosecker
Honda has no control over whether or not a dealer puts a v-tech sticker on its vehicles. I'm pretty sure that's the case. I've seen a couple of Ody's around here with vtech stickers that obviously were made by Honda for the Accord. I'd say that the stickers were dealer add-ons, NOT factory installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Walt43 said:
Honda has no control over whether or not a dealer puts a v-tech sticker on its vehicles. I'm pretty sure that's the case. I've seen a couple of Ody's around here with vtech stickers that obviously were made by Honda for the Accord. I'd say that the stickers were dealer add-ons, NOT factory installed.

Walt43,

May I ask where you are located. Do you happen to recall if the "stickered" Odyssey's you have seen were any color other than White?

Best regards,

Scott

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Only 10 Hp? You need a bigger sticker and a yellow stripe to get 20 Hp! :stupid:

·
Registered
946 Posts
sbosecker said:
Walt43,

May I ask where you are located. Do you happen to recall if the "stickered" Odyssey's you have seen were any color other than White?

Best regards,

Scott
I'm in central NJ. I've seen white stickers on dark Ody's and even the silver plastic V-Tech from an Accord on a white, riced Ody with super-fast striping and road-gripping low profile tires, along with a wing that could launch it into the air.

So no, not all of the Ody's were white. There's really no pattern to it.

Here's one on ebay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7931465646&category=50446&sspagename=WDVW

·
Registered
6 Posts
Walt43,

The idea of a "riced" mini-van is a concept that hasn't made it to Peachtree City, Georgia yet :D so I hadn't even considered that possibility.

I've gotten a response to one of the two emails that I sent regarding the VTEC sticker. He had bought his van from the same dealership in Tennessee that I had and apparently he was told the dealership liked the look and was putting them on.

Too bad; I was hoping for some story that could be added to Odyssey lore.

Thanks for your patient responses to my questions.

Best regards,

Scott

·
Registered
946 Posts
sbosecker said:
Walt43,

The idea of a "riced" mini-van is a concept that hasn't made it to Peachtree City, Georgia yet :D so I hadn't even considered that possibility.

I've gotten a response to one of the two emails that I sent regarding the VTEC sticker. He had bought his van from the same dealership in Tennessee that I had and apparently he was told the dealership liked the look and was putting them on.

Too bad; I was hoping for some story that could be added to Odyssey lore.

Thanks for your patient responses to my questions.

Best regards,

Scott
No problem at all. I actually saw a 'Spyder' sticker on an Ody, right above the v-tech. A Spyder is a convertible!:stupid:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm sure dealers were looking for anyway possible to markup the Ody price. I highly doubt those stickers were free. Probably $50 installed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
What about gas mileage. Those stickers would probably rob major gas mileage. Maybe Wild Willy has three or four of them plastered on the back of his Ody and that is why his mileage is so poor!?:stupid:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Odyclub.com sticker >> VTEC sticker ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts