Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is probably an obvious answer to this one, but, which Odyssey's have the VTEC sticker on the rear hatch? Seems like they all would or would not, because the engine is the same, right? Thanks

·
1,484 Posts
Well none of the Odysseys have VTEC stickers or distinguishing badges. All the badges/emblems are the same for all the years and all the models. There is no way to distinguish them based on just badges or emblems. Maybe the sticker you saw was put on aftermarket.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2002 SS Ody actually does have a black VTEC sticker on the rear door. I was kind of curious how it got there. Dealer did not add it. Came from the factory. Only one that I have seen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Idog,

I was beginning to feel quite foolish. My 2002 EX, white has that sticker just under the Odyssey badge on the right rear. I know that it wasn't put there by the dealer. Also, I have seen this on a couple of others that didn't come from the same dealer. The brochure doesn't show it on the vans either...however, we also know that most of these pictures in the 2002 brochure were also used in the 2001 brochure, only slightly doctored. I know someone on this board will dig up an answer. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a white 2002 EX. It came with a black VTEC sticker under the rear Odyssey name plate. I was recently rear-ended and the rear door was replaced. After we got the Odyssey home noticed that the VTEC sticker wasn't on the repair. Called the Honda body shop that handled the repair and asked about the sticker. The manager said no problem. Later he called and asked a few questions about the sticker's source as it wasn't listed as a part and Honda said it didn't exist. I told him it had come from the Morristown, TN dealer that way. He said he would try to find a sticker and send it to me.

Scott Bosecker

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VTEC Sticker

I found out that the VTEC sticker on my van was also courtesy of Honda Morristown. They liked the sticker, and were putting it on all of the Odysseys at the time I bought mine.

Michael H.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Neither did our 00 or now our 02 have that sticker.

So I just added an OEM Type R sticker.. get the ITR's and cut out the Integra part. Looks perfect.

And it makes it faster than the "plain VTEC" vans.. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts