Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up to the purchase of the Ody, I have only driven Chrysler products. A co-worker has a S2000 and he says VTEC kicks in around 6000 RPM. What happens when VTEC kicks in on the Ody and at what RPM does it happen?

The Ody beats my '94 Acclaim with the 3 litre Mitsubishi!

------------------
2002 Redrock Pearl EX
1995 Wheel Horse 520-H
1994 Plymouth Acclaim

·
Registered
483 Posts
Before even VTEC kicks in, make sure everybody inside the van is fully strapped and head restraints are at the proper height. And if it kicks in - whiplash.

Kidding aside, don't have any idea at what point it kicks in for the Ody but on my Civic, it's 5800 rpm. There will be a mild surge that you will feel in your behind

Haven't tried it in the Ody yet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I believe the VTEC kicks in around 4,000 rpm. What happens then is that it causes you to grin like an idiot (seriously though, you do feel a push in the back, certainly in the first three gears).

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
306 Posts
You all make me jealous. I just picked our Ody today and with 100 miles, I still have to feather foot it.

Ah well, perhaps in a month or so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pearsonrj:
I believe the VTEC kicks in around 4,000 rpm. What happens then is that it causes you to grin like an idiot</font>
That's exactly my reaction whenver the VTEC kicks in on my Integra GS-R. It waits until about 6000 rpm, though.

------------------
- 1992 Milano Red Acura Integra GS-R #155 (for sale soon)
- 1994 Opal Green Honda Civic EX Sedan
- 2002 Mesa Beige Honda Odyssey EX (on order)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
What happens when VTEC kicks in on the Ody and at what RPM does it happen?
Remember in Star Wars when they finally get the warp drive going on the Millenium Falcon just in time?

In Star Trek when Mr. Zulu turns it up to '9'..and Scotty is saying "it's all we go captain"

In the Fast and the Furious when Paul Walker activates the nitrous and the bellypan falls out of his Eclipse?

In the last scene of the Road Warrior when Humongous activates the nitrous bottles on his home built buggy while hurtling head-long into Max driving the semi?

Well it's not like ANY! of the above:D ..but it always reminds me of my first 4-barrel carb experience...except much smoother...it's a very good thing too especially when it coincides with a tranny downshift!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts