Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery went dead this week in the 2005 Odyssey I bought last year. The battery was a EverStart Maxx from Walmart with a 3 year replacement warrantee. Of course the battery was dated Dec 2008 -- so I assumed it was worthless, especially since I didn't have a receipt.

Imagine my surprise when I took it to Walmart Customer service and they gave me a $58 credit towards a new $79 battery!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Most of the time the date on the battery alone is all needed. Costco didn't ask for the receipt either

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had my factory battery die after 2 years and replaced with one from advance autoparts. It was their 3 year full replacement battery. After a few times of the kids leaving the lights on for a full weekend and other times where they ran the radio with car off for an hour. The battery died and it was jumped a few times. The battery light came on last week and I was afraid it was the alternator, but after a tow truck jumped me and checked the alternator was charging, I went to Advance and they game me a new battery. It only has the original warranty on it so the won't replace this one if it dies in 3 years. Just give them your phone number and they can pull up where and when you bought a part.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Personal experience. I've replaced a handful of Walmart batteries still under warranty. I got tired of it and replaced the last two with Duralasts at Autozone.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I put an O'reilly Super Start battery with 725 CCA's in my 07 a couple months ago. Helps to have a relative with an employee discount! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts