Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a grant wooden steering wheel sitting around and want to put it in my 97 oasis. i called momo and grant they said they don't have a adapter for the oasis/ odyssey. momo says to count the splines and measure shaft diameter. and the can probably match one from a honda. can the accord one work? has anyone attempted this? grant tells me to find a momo one and they sell an adapter that will attach a momo hub to a 5 hole grant wheel. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think you would be better off purchasing another steering wheel... the steering wheel will be closer to chest ... you would have to have a short hub the the momo adapter .. just my opinion tho..

·
Registered
44 Posts
sorry i didnt read my post... and realized i couldnt understand what i just said.. lol .. you would be better off buying a new steering wheel... if you would use Grant Steering wheell, the short hub, and the momo adapter (for grant), and if you decide to go quick release.. that would make a long as steering column... if you were to get a new steering wheel you will use one less item and shortening the column by atleast an inch or two...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not really into the quick release thing. one less thing to carry around the better. i would like to get a nardi. but, me and this wooden grant have a history. it kinda holds some personal value. i'd like to see it come out of retirement and hit the road again. i'm looking at the NRG short adapter hub with the momo 6 holes. combined with the grant conversion adapter from 6 hole to five holes. i don't know exactly how long it will be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i measured what i have in the shop and your around 6 inches in length including the conversion adapter.. but not including the steering wheel

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn! thats long! i'll have that wheel up against my chest. i might have to reconsider. i'll see thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts