Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
except the timing belt

are there kits or a list somewhere to make buying this at once easier?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Other than the timing belt, there is only the big serpentine belt and it should be replaced when you do the timing belt for sure. You can do it other times for peace of mind.

As for the coolant hoses, they just don't burst like they did a long time ago. I don't think it is necessary. Besides, there are a lot of coolant lines now days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I haven't really opened up the hood to look at it yet, I figured I'd have a serpentine belt and upper/lower radiator hoses - which I replaced 85K miles ago with the timing belt.

Just getting the van road ready for the summer assuming gas isn't $6 a gallon.

New tires, new battery, new brakes/rotors, new struts/shocks, 3x drain on the tranny and filled with synthetic and lubegard, added transmission cooler.

Now I just want to make sure I'm not stranded on the side of the road by not replacing a $30 item in the engine bay. Figured there would be some vacuum hoses , power steering hose (maybe a ps belt too - must be older models of Odyssey), .etc.,

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Other than the timing belt, there is only the big serpentine belt and it should be replaced when you do the timing belt for sure. You can do it other times for peace of mind.

As for the coolant hoses, they just don't burst like they did a long time ago. I don't think it is necessary. Besides, there are a lot of coolant lines now days.
Actually I'm pretty sure there are 2 belts. One for the alternator and one for the A/C compressor. Rockauto and Bernardi list 2.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
If you are replacing coolant hoses, consider replacing the thermostat as well if it is the original.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Oh, here's a helpful tip from my mechanic:

Get a pair of coolant hose pinchoff pliers (Harbor Freight sells them if you have one of their stores nearby) and isolate your rear heater core if you open up your cooant system. This will save you the headache of trying to get all of the air out of the rear cooling system, which can take hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts