Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Lucky me, I ran the vin and found out my Ody is a 2003 EX-L. Unlucky me, the rear drivers side vent window coupler is missing. The motor works, I just need the part that comes off the splined shaft and connects to the window. Is it possible to find this or does it only come as the complete motor assembly? Picture for reference. Thanks.

Auto part Tool Electric blue Composite material Bicycle part

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Apparently you recently acquired this vehicle. But, I gots' ta' ask: What's holding your window closed?

Whether a sub assembly is available is a question I'd pose to one of the online Honda dealer parts sellers: Majestic, Bernardi, Partznet come to mind. If the answer is not the one you want to hear, think green. Auto recycling yards.

·
Registered
10,130 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently you recently acquired this vehicle. But, I gots' ta' ask: What's holding your window closed?
I used to race motorcycles in AHRMA, so I used some safety wire I have on hand and looped a figure 8 around the exposed shaft and what was still attached to the window. Works great. I noticed the part was broken when I would close the door getting out and see the vent window flap open and close. I thought I was seeing things until I took a closer look. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only the assembly is available from Honda.
Thats what I figured. I have a few friends in the auto repair biz, I will see what they can do as far as finding a boneyard donor. I have other "fixes" to do and its winter here so I'll hold off on buying the complete assembly for now. Thanks for the links!

·
Administrator
14,520 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the truth, and I am surprised as well. I restored a 93 Mercedes 300CE Cabriolet and usually sourced from other owners and parts dealers that we shared on a forum like this. Same with my vintage Laverda, BMW and Gas Gas motorcycles. Stoked that I found you guys, never afraid to learn a new trick or admit I need help on new to me projects.

Now who can tell me how to get factory carpeted floor mats in that light beige color...😀

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Administrator
14,520 Posts
It has been shared on every car forum I belong to and it was shared on here back in Oct 2001. :D

I found it from here back then.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It also shows at the top of the list (literally #1 position) when I use that search engine some may have heard of (name starts with a G) and look for recycled car parts or used car parts.

Full disclosure: I neither work for nor directly own stock in Alphabet Inc. Mutual funds and ETFs I own may hold such shares.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts