Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of their 2011 EX or EX-L with body side molding? Before I buy the molding and stick it on the van I plan to buy, it would really help to see a few pictures, especially if the color is Mocha. Thanks in advance. Tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here is a link to my post on the board that shows our new black EX with side molding.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128339

tom34diy said:
Does anyone have any pictures of their 2011 EX or EX-L with body side molding? Before I buy the molding and stick it on the van I plan to buy, it would really help to see a few pictures, especially if the color is Mocha. Thanks in advance. Tom

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links. Since I bought an EX today, I guess I will go ahead and order the splash guards and side molding from Bernardi. The dealer price for those two items was about $75 more than ordering online. Thanks again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hope you enjoy your EX as much as we have been!:)

tom34diy said:
Thanks for the links. Since I bought an EX today, I guess I will go ahead and order the splash guards and side molding from Bernardi. The dealer price for those two items was about $75 more than ordering online. Thanks again.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. We are enjoying it more and more. The buying process was unnecessarily painful, but we are getting over it. I am really glad we waited and got a 2011, and the more I look at it, the more I like it. When I get the side molding and splash guards on, it will be even better.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...I got the body side molding installed, which was pretty simple. And, since the molding seemed to be positioned so low on the van (using Honda's template), I raised ours (before sticking it on, of course) about three inches to get the most protection. Maybe it will keep our doors safe for all of those irresponsible people out there who can't control their doors.

·
Banned
728 Posts
tom34diy said:
Well...I got the body side molding installed, which was pretty simple. And, since the molding seemed to be positioned so low on the van (using Honda's template), I raised ours (before sticking it on, of course) about three inches to get the most protection. Maybe it will keep our doors safe for all of those irresponsible people out there who can't control their doors.
Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay...I tried to make some side by side pictures but could not do it, so here are two pictures. The silver is the factory height (lower) and the mocha is ours with the molding about 3.5 inches higher that the factory height. A design person may note that it was placed low for a reason, but higher works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The picture with the molding higher.

Attachments

·
Banned
728 Posts
tom34diy said:
The picture with the molding higher.
Thank you for the pictures. I think I prefer the strip lower, but I guess the best place for it is where it will fend off the most dent attempts. :)

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
thanks for the pics. I think I prefer it lower too.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, mic111.

So, two votes for lower, like Honda designed it, huh? But, is there any reason to put it on at all, if it is too low to protect? Honda has historically done that with cars like the Accord. I guess some just put molding on for looks. Regardless of where it goes, I think the Odyssey looks better with the molding.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We are one of those who opted to add the molding for the looks. If it happens to protect the door too all the better. :)

tom34diy said:
I guess some just put molding on for looks. Regardless of where it goes, I think the Odyssey looks better with the molding.

·
Banned
728 Posts
tom34diy said:
Thanks, mic111.

So, two votes for lower, like Honda designed it, huh? But, is there any reason to put it on at all, if it is too low to protect? Honda has historically done that with cars like the Accord. I guess some just put molding on for looks. Regardless of where it goes, I think the Odyssey looks better with the molding.
I think the problem with the molding higher up is that it gets too close to the door handles, which from the pictures looks like they are on slightly different angle than the molding.

Maybe it just looks that way to me though. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts