Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FCW LDW VSA
And check engine all hair came on at the same time.
2014 Touring with 160,000

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to Odyclub!

The Check Engine light triggered the other lights. There's almost certainly nothing wrong with VSA, LDW and FCW - those systems are turned off whenever the Check Engine light comes on. Those systems are fine.

Get a scanner hooked up to your OBDII port and tell us the codes it reads. The only real problem is whatever triggered the Check Engine light - let's try to help you with that.

I feel like I might be able to guess what they are, but that would be me showboating instead of actually being helpful. When you get the codes, post them here.

Reactions: 2011.2017.odyssey

·
Registered
213 Posts
I’ve had this happen when the front camera module for the Lane Departure Warning overheated. Also, these lights came on when my VCMuzzler was removed with the engine warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,334 Posts
I’ve had this happen when the front camera module for the Lane Departure Warning overheated. Also, these lights came on when my VCMuzzler was removed with the engine warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good point! I don't have LDW/FCW on my van so I don't always remember that the front camera can get overheated. I hope the OP can get back to us with some troubles codes so we can be more informative for them.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,514 Posts
The FCW/LDW overheat message shows on the MID if it is just a heat issue. The CEL still triggers the lights, as CroMath said. Get the codes read and report back.

-Charlie

·
Registered
3 Posts
FCW LDW VSA
And check engine all hair came on at the same time.
2014 Touring with 160,000

Any help is appreciated
Had this issue with our 2018 Odyssey this week. Started a few days ago during a light rain while the van was just parked the drive, the car horn alarm started. Found the alarm could be reset by unlocking the van with the remote from inside the house. Over the next 3 days this happened several times during rain showers. Found a video discussing the hood latch alarm switch causing this problem on some vans. Since it was raining at the time and unlocking the van with the remote corrected the issue, I put off tracking down the switch until yesterday because when my wife started the car yesterday morning all the lights you mention LDW, FCW, VSA and check engine were on. I tracked down the hood alarm switch and unplugged it. All the lights on the dash went off and have not had the lights back on or security alarm horn since. It may be that any switch or component attached to this system could cause this problem!!! The hood alarm switch was not wet or even damp when I found it. The switch in the video was a mechanical switch, this switch appears to be a magnetic switch type sensing switch without a plunger to activate it. Also, in the video a cover above the hood latch had to be removed to reach the wiring for the switch. In our van the plug could be reached just behind the hood latch area without removing anything. I just started with the hood latch and found wires leading away from it. Also, I am thinking the impact of the rain on the hood caused enough vibration at the hood latch that it actuated the switch, causing the alarm??? Maybe? But just finding and unplugging this switch was so easy it is a great place to start. To keep the plug contacts dry, I wrapped van side plug with heavy plastic, covered with duct tape and cable tied to a wiring harness to keep it from getting into the cooling fans or touching the engine. I have no plans to replace this switch since it is mainly a warning the hood is not latched securely. Will just shut the hood like I've done the last 50 years on all the other cars I have owned. Best of luck with your problem. Hope it is as easy to locate.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,514 Posts
I have no plans to replace this switch since it is mainly a warning the hood is not latched securely.
And it allows the factory alarm to be set, I believe.

-Charlie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Charlie. Our van problem returned with the big 4 dash lights again on Monday. Plus a new light with a key yesterday. With the van off, I opened all the doors and actuated all the door switches, including the two switches inside the gas tank fill cover. Replaced the fob battery and also topped off the brake fluid. Has been started several times since with no problems. Would be good to know if having the dealership read the codes leads to anything, since several people have reported dealers have not been able to correct their van's issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts