Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a 08 Ody Ex and it has a mildew smell. The car originated in NY and relocated to SW. I took the car back to dealer and they bombed it to get rid of smell. Dealer wants to blame it on interior, but I think it is mildew built up in evaporator. Van has just under 30k miles and still under warranty. Is replacement of evaporator/condensor covered under warranty? Would like to know before I go in asking them to replace it. Also if the evap is the problem can a cleaning and flush kill enough mildew to take smell away or should I push for a replacement? All responses are appreciated.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Your car should have no obnoxious smells whatsoever, much less a mildew smell. Has it been there since you bought it? If so... Recurring mildew smells may indicate a flood recovery vehicle. Be sure and bring this up in your most-polite conversation with the service advisor ("You know as well as I do, the smell should not be there. This isn't, by any chance, a flood recovery vehicle, is it? Because if I take it for an independent inspection, and I find out it is, then you've got a world of trouble in your hands"). Tell your dealer you want the smell gone. No excuses, no explanations, no run-arounds. The smell is not normal, and you want it gone. And say no more. :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts