Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I found this place on the net...Warrantygold.com. This is my quote which I received instantly:
Quote for your 2002 HONDA odyssey
with 6 Cylinders, 2WD , 0 miles and In Warranty.
Quote Reference #2531892
Quotes Expire in 30 Days
Quoted on 2/8/2002 9:38:41 PM
and has 27 days remaining

NEW PLATINUM
Terms Miles Price

6 Years 60000 $454
5 Years 75000 $549
6 Years 72000 $549
7 Years 70000 $630
5 Years 100000 $679
6 Years 100000 $704
7 Years 100000 $730
5 Years 150000 $949
NEW PLATINUM
Coverage Benefits Include:
60 Day Preview Period
Can be Used in U.S. and/or Canada
Repairs Paid by Visa/Mastercard
Your Choice of Reputable Repair Facility
Sign & Drive Roadside Assistance
Convenient Payment Plan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prices do not reflect unpublished discounts.
Call now for current specials.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW DIAMOND
Terms Miles Price

4 Years 60000 $654
NEW DIAMOND
Additional Plans Available:

Term Miles Price
5 Years 100,000 Call
5 Years 150,000 Call
6 Years 60,000 Call
6 Years 72,000 Call
6 Years 100,000 Call
7 Years 70,000 Call
7 Years 100,000 Call

Prices do not reflect unpublished discounts.
It seems like a good deal. They have a place where you can see they have never had an unresolved complaint through the BBB.

Anyone know anything about this place???

Picking up 2002 EX-GG in AM Michael

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NursePractitionerPa:
Hi all. I found this place on the net...Warrantygold.com. This is my quote which I received instantly:
Quote for your 2002 HONDA odyssey
with 6 Cylinders, 2WD , 0 miles and In Warranty.
Quote Reference #2531892
Quotes Expire in 30 Days
Quoted on 2/8/2002 9:38:41 PM
and has 27 days remaining

NEW PLATINUM
Terms Miles Price

6 Years 60000 $454
5 Years 75000 $549
6 Years 72000 $549
7 Years 70000 $630
5 Years 100000 $679
6 Years 100000 $704
7 Years 100000 $730
5 Years 150000 $949
NEW PLATINUM
Coverage Benefits Include:
60 Day Preview Period
Can be Used in U.S. and/or Canada
Repairs Paid by Visa/Mastercard
Your Choice of Reputable Repair Facility
Sign & Drive Roadside Assistance
Convenient Payment Plan

</font>
One thing to note is that this company does not offer services to California customers (if you choose CA it gives you some info on why not)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NursePractitionerPa:
Hi all. I found this place on the net...Warrantygold.com....</font>
Here's <a href="http://forums.vmag.com/suvdurango0100/messages/126.html">some comments</a> and <a href="http://www.igtc.com/archives/jettaglx/1999/Mar/msg00362.html">some more comments</a> on the web. Of course, take them with a grain of salt

We don't have any responses here yet on the extended warranty poll from anyone who has purchased Warrantygold.

<center><a href="http://home.attbi.com/cgi-bin/PBEntry?owner=rody2rk">Take the Extended Warranty poll</a>

<a href="http://home.attbi.com/cgi-bin/PBView?owner=rody2rk">See results for this and previous polls</a></center>

Click refresh in your browser if you have difficulty reaching the poll on the first click.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THe deductible is $50 or you can pay a $100 more and get a $0 deductible. I think the difference between these is that warranty gold pays for wear ande tear breakdowns and Honda care doesn't. They say they have been in business since 1984. Check out their website www.warrantygold.com it has all these answers. I just don't know if it is as easy to get repairs as they imply. By the way, I was quoted $895.00 by my auto dealer for the honda warranty. (Dix honda in State College, Pa.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've researched this place some more and have heard some horror stories...gonna try somewhere else I think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only problem I see with Honda is that they do not cover wear and tear, while others do....so I spend $150 more for less coverage...and have to go to a honda dealer.... All in all I would rather have the Honda Warranty, but why are they so cheap with their coverage, since the Honda is such a good product? Thanks for the feedback !!! Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Warranty Gold

I have a mechanic who is good and he recommends them. Thinking of buying an extended warranty for my 99 EX or trading it in for a 2002. I was quoted $1200 for a Honda extended warranty that doesn't cover wear and tear. Good excuss to not pay for the tranny I guess. Be sure to choose a company that pays the bill with a company credit card. Warranty Gold and Warranty Direct do. 1st source may.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had researched WarrantyGold and other 3rd party warranty and decided on HondaCare.

My experience with 3rd party warranty is that they have a cap on the Labor rate.

The WarrantyGold Rep I spoke with quoted me the current labor rate which was way below the Dealer's rate. Ofcourse, the rate increases over a period of time but not at the same rate the dealer increases theirs. This translates to money out of your pocket even though you have a $0 ded warranty.

BTW, the rate was lower than the mechanic who undercuts the dealers rate.

My advice would be ask what the labor rate they pay, call up local dealers/mechanics and then compare.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: Warranty Gold

RoleDiaz said:
I have a mechanic who is good and he recommends them. Thinking of buying an extended warranty for my 99 EX or trading it in for a 2002. I was quoted $1200 for a Honda extended warranty that doesn't cover wear and tear. Good excuss to not pay for the tranny I guess. Be sure to choose a company that pays the bill with a company credit card. Warranty Gold and Warranty Direct do. 1st source may.
Plenty of posts in newsgroups (search using wwww.google.com groups) about this and other 3rd party warranty services, for those interested.

Regards,

Maugham®

1 - 12 of 12 Posts