Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was looking at a similar headrest DVD systems before, but opted out and just bought a dual unit that straps to the head rest.

I have an 07 EX-L as well, and I don't think it has an active restraint system.

Most of these units has a wire that comes down the post. When I was looking at these, I think the leather seats backing has a zipper that you can unzip to reveal the insides which you can use to help wire these DVD headrests.

These units are not cheap, and since cars have a lot of bumps, extreme temp changes, not sure plunking 200-400 for one is a good idea, IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
I don't think the 2007 has the active head restraint system built in. It came in the later models iirc 2008.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm going to bring this back from the dead. So has anyone tried these headsets? I am seriously thinking about getting these and was wondering about the quality. I'm not sure what color I should get to match the Olive interior.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Why not spend the money on an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab and buy a headrest mount? This way the item is portable and way more functional than just a dvd player/screen.

You could even try to get the HP tablet that was just priced reduced/discontinued for $99 or $150 depending on GB.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well it is a lot cheaper, for $260 bucks I can get the headrests and a pair of headphones. Buying two tablets, mounts and headphones is going to cost a lot more. I don't think my 2-yr old needs a $500 ipad to keep him occupied in the car, but I know my 6-yr would love it. ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well it is a lot cheaper, for $260 bucks I can get the headrests and a pair of headphones. Buying two tablets, mounts and headphones is going to cost a lot more. I don't think my 2-yr old needs a $500 ipad to keep him occupied in the car, but I know my 6-yr would love it. ;)
That makes sense, I guess I was thinking of a more expensive DVD install which then it would make sense to get a tablet.

Plus you can use it as well! lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased these units for about $200 total and they have been very, very good. Took me about two hours to install them, but I took my time and it was pretty easy to do. The picture quality is quite good and they work with any of the IR headsets I've tried. We have a 2006 Odyssey EXL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts