Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else end up washing the windshield instead of placing the Ody in reverse or drive? This is the first vehicle I've owned in several years with a column shift automatic, and the placement of the wiper controls falls readily to hand as they say. At least the windshield stays clean.

P

·
0 Posts
All the time.

Michelle

------------------
"No two countries who both have McDonalds have ever gone to war with each other"

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've taught myself not to grab the wiper controls after doing it constantly the first few days, but my hands hit the stereo on/off/volume controls as well as the CD controls all the time when moving the lever to "D."

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've done it several times now in my new Ody. What makes it worse is, I very geekily hung ping-pong balls from the ceiling of my garage by fishing line, to make what I call my "perfect park system" in which the Odyssey parker gets guided to the exact perfect spot, with equal room on all sides, by pulling up just to where these hanging ping-pong balls touch the glass. So of course, a few times I've accidentally hit the windshield wiper instead of the shifter when trying to go into park, and it snarls up the "perfect park system" and sends my wife into hysterical laughter.

-----------
'02 Ody EX SS
'99 CR-V EX

·
Registered
212 Posts
It takes a couple of weeks to get used to it. In my old van the wipers were on the left stalk where the headlights are on the Ody. So I also find myself turning off the headlights when I go to turn on the wipers. That's worse then turning on the washers when go reach to shift the tranny.

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aardvaark:
Anybody else end up washing the windshield instead of placing the Ody in reverse or drive? This is the first vehicle I've owned in several years with a column shift automatic, and the placement of the wiper controls falls readily to hand as they say. At least the windshield stays clean.
</font>
The trick is to act like you meant to wash the windshield before you drive off!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts